..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Black screen in Kingdom Hearts [HELP]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I recently downloaded PCSX2 and have been trying to get Kingdom Hearts to work but I've hit a crossroad. Ok before we start I'm an amateur when it comes to this emulator and I'm not very tech savvy when it comes to hardware requirements, anyway here are my PC's specs (not good I know)

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 +4200 @ 2.2Ghz
GPU: ATI Radeon Xpress Series X1150 256mb
RAM: 4 x 2GB DDR2 (333Mhz(I think, not sure)) 2.5gb usable

I am using PCSX2 V 1.0.0

OK, so I'm playing along from the start of the game FPS is full speed, cutscene is excellent, no lag or jumps sound is great, but after cutscene about 2 minutes into the game you open a door and light fills the room after that the screen stays white. I switch to software mode and it displays everything graphically (terrible quality!) and is around 20-30FPS. and EE goes way up, isn't that the cpu? IDK anyway, I switch back to hardware mode FPS goes back to normal and sound is good but all I can see is a black screen!

Can anyone help me or shed some light on what is wrong?

Thanks
My first guess is that your X1150 is too ancient to work with GSdx properly. Are you using GSdx in DX9 or DX10 mode? Post your full GSdx config.

Also post your console log after you get the problems