..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Tekken 5 City at Sunset slowdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've got one tiny framerate problem with Tekken 5 PAL. The "City of Sunset"-stage makes my framerate drop to ~35 when the sunlight is visible, when not, it runs at rock-solid 50-fps like the rest of the game. Is there any hack to fix this slowdown ?

- PCSX r5366 (also happens with 1.0)
- GSDSX-SSE4 r5366 : Direct X 9 Hardware, native res, all hardware-mode-settings disabled
- Sppedhacks: Cyclerate=3 (never causes any issues for me so I leave it at that), Cycle-stealing=off, all other hacks=on

Intel i3 2120 @ 3.3 GHZ
4GB RAM
Intel HD 2000
Windows 7 64-bit

Cycle-Stealing lvl 1 has no effect, lvl 2&3 slow the whole game down.

Thanks
get a real GPU ?
GS is far from 100% even when the slowdown occurs.
if you're using ee cyle rate speedhack, it's normal.
better test out wihtout speedhacks to see what the problem is.
With every speedhack turned off, I still get around 35 frames in the sunny areas and ~ 45 in those without lighting.

However, EE is only running at 100% in areas without the lighting. The slowdown makes EE go down to about 80%, GS is also at around 80%.
I've been reading quite a bit of Tekken 5 settings for fps threads. Apart from those guys that've 9999GHz core 2 infinite processor, a pc w/ ~core 2 quad 2.66GHz can run any map 50fps, I just noticed it could if I use the new opengl( Hardware) as renderer, as found in pcsx2 r5765, I tested it on the PAL version of Tekken 5.

No other settings need to be changed except checking MTVU in Speedhacks.

Apart from that, however using Opengl( Hardware) for Tekken 4 NTSC version still doesn't make it play at full FPS on all maps, like the street outside the mall map. So now Tekken 5 can be played at full fps, nice.

My pc specifications
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHz
EVGA GTX 560 SC
8GB RAM