..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Persona 4 on PCSX2 1.0.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just got ver. 1.0.0 and I'm playing Persona 4 on it right now. Cutscenes, Dialogue, and walking around runs at 60 fps, but whenever I get into a random battle, the fps drops to about 30-40. I'm using the default settings. Is there any way to fix it?

AMD Phenom II X4 830 Quad-Core
Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit
ATI Radeon HD 4200
What are your pcsx2 settings?

Note:

- Don't go over x3 upscaling
- Enable the MTVU speedhack
- Disable any other speedhacks or HW hacks
I really haven't messed too much with any of the settings, I just downloaded PCSX2 1.0.0 and rushed through the setup to play Persona 4. I will try out your speedhack settings.

EDIT: It didn't work.
Keep gsdx internal res to native, since that gpu is really weak.
Software mode may help too as long as you set 2 extra rendering threads & your cpu speed isnt below 3.0 ghz
That helped a little bit, though random battles are still not running at full speed.
What is your cou clockspeed ?
Seems like 2.80 GHz after looking it up. Are you using a laptop?

Try setting it to "High Performance"
Those hardwares mean it's a dekstop PC. Use recommended speedhack and MTVU, no reason not to, try to set ee cycle hack to 2 and vu cycle hack to 1.

Your GPU is your main bottleneck.
Thats odd, it was always the opposite for me. My best settings was to set the EE to max or close to it and the slider to the right to 0 or none. But its been awhile since i touched any emulator.
Remember that cycle stealing makes the battles slow.
Pages: 1 2