..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ubuntu + pcsx2 | noob
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have Windows 7 32bit installed as my primary operating system and Ubuntu 12.04 32bit installed using wubi.

On Windows, pcsx2 works pretty good, even great, yet on Ubuntu - poorly.

I'm playing FFXII on Windows and thought it could be nicer to play on Ubuntu since I use it more often lately.

I downloaded pcsx2 for linux from here: http://pcsx2.net/download/releases/linux...linux.html
and used the same bios file I use with pcsx/win.

I get terrible glitches with the graphics and no sound at all. Sound settings cannot be changed (since it's a null plugin or something), and the game is basically not playable.

What am I doing wrong? Is it just new plugins that I need to get? If it is, where and how do I get them (couldn't find any for linux except those who came with pcsx2 core)? Or is it something else?

Thanks in advance.

Radeon 6570 + working additional amd linux drivers, 2gb ram, 3ghz.
Nothing wrong, that's just how the non-Windows side is. If you can use the emu on Windows, just keep using it there.
Normally it is not that bad. You have at least the sound. You miss some dependencies (portaudio or libsoundtouch) so you can't use spu2x.