..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Which controller to use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

Being reintroduced to the awesome series of 24, I decided to search for my old copy of it's PS2 game. I sold my PS2 about a year ago, so the first thing that popped into my mind to play this game was to use this emulator. I have already seen that this game is compatible with the emulator, and I shouldn't have to much problems with 8GB of RAM and an i7 processor, but what worries me is that in the book it says that the game is only compatible with the DUALSHOCK®2 controller, the controller that I sold a year back. I do, however, have got a cheap (but working!) Logitech analog controller. Will the emulator emulate a dual shock controller so I can play this with my Logitech thingy, or do I have to search the stores for a second-hand one?

Roggie
Logitech is great for PCSX2 surely better than installing some strange drivers or buying additional stuff just to connect PS2 controller into pc;], you could even play using keyboard, it doesn't really matter on emulator, but your problem is that PCSX2 requires BIOS, and you have no means of getting it legally without OWNING PS2 console;]. In other words, you'll be also unable to use pcsx2 in any legal way, and no support will be given to you if you use it otherwise:].

Soo if you want to use pcsx2 legally, get some cheap even half broken ps2 and dump bios from it;P. No console = no legal use of this emulator.
(08-21-2012, 07:22 PM)Roggie Wrote: [ -> ]I shouldn't have to much problems with 8GB of RAM and an i7 processor

That's not really helpful. Which i7 and what kind of GPU will you be using with it? Specific names and models are more helpful than just "i7".

(08-21-2012, 07:22 PM)Roggie Wrote: [ -> ]what worries me is that in the book it says that the game is only compatible with the DUALSHOCK®2 controller

What book? The game manual? Don't worry about that, that's for the actual console, not an emulator.

Most Logitech controllers are fine, Xbox360 controllers work well, anything that has a USB connection should be fine.
There's only one i7, right? Tongue

I'll look up the specifics tomorrow, when I have access to a computer that can actualy run stuff. But it was indeed the game manual.

Anyways, thank you both! I think I have to download the BIOS then, but I won't discuss that further (:
(08-21-2012, 07:58 PM)Roggie Wrote: [ -> ]There's only one i7, right? Tongue

I'll look up the specifics tomorrow, when I have access to a computer that can actualy run stuff. But it was indeed the game manual.

Anyways, thank you both! I think I have to download the BIOS then, but I won't discuss that further (:

well you wont get anymore support from us, if you read the rules this is not ok.
(08-21-2012, 07:58 PM)Roggie Wrote: [ -> ]Anyways, thank you both! I think I have to download the BIOS then, but I won't discuss that further (:
as above, we told you that was illegal, we will have no part in your illegalities

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.