..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: New user here, wondering about PS1 emulation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hey all Smile i reallllly love pcsx2, like you have no idea how much joy its brought me ever since i discovered it after having to sell my ps2 :3 but i was wondering something and registered here just to ask this, does anyone know of a good ps1 emulator that has like maybe 95% compatibility with all ps1 games? i know pcsx2 cant emulate ps1 games, pSX and epsxe cant play some games/struggle to play some of the ps1 discs that i have and i really want to play them badly Sad

btw im sorry if this is in the wrong section, im new here D:
use GOOGLE. but also try epsxe
You could try Xebra, but forget about any kind of graphic enhancing when using it, it's also known as the most cpu demanding ps1 emu, dunno about that really, never tried it yet:3.
unlike PCSX2 PS1 emulators don't offer "home made" Plugins don't know what you're talking about no "graphic enhancing"
(08-24-2012, 10:09 PM)abdo123 Wrote: [ -> ]unlike PCSX2 PS1 emulators don't offer "home made" Plugins don't know what you're talking about no "graphic enhancing"
Enhancing graphics ~ Improving by means like filtering, shaders, upscaling etc, which is a list of things Xebra doesn't have;].

Also any kind of plugin support means it supports "home made" plugins. They all were made in somebody's home, GSdx as well.;P
If you mean they aren't open source, then you're wrong, just for an example to not look far - GSdx which is also PS1 plugin, is it open source? Yeah it is.

What's with those questions Abdo123, randomly trolling to spam more like usually? O.o
I know where is the best place to download the best(and latest) PS1 emulators, but since its may be illegal to write its address in this forum, I have to write nothing.
But you can type "ps1 emulator" in the "google.com" and get your desired emulator.
(08-24-2012, 10:25 PM)miseru99 Wrote: [ -> ]Enhancing graphics ~ Improving by means like filtering, shaders, upscaling etc, which is a list of things Xebra doesn't have;].

Also any kind of plugin support means it supports "home made" plugins. They all were made in somebody's home, GSdx as well.;P
If you mean they aren't open source, then you're wrong, just for an example to not look far - GSdx which is also PS1 plugin, is it open source? Yeah it is.

what the hell is wrong man Laugh

what i meant there is a big variety of plugins and they are not all made up by Xebra Dev(s) ( unlike PCSX2 GSDX is meant for PCSX2 not emulation of the GS chip in general )

he doesn't have to use Xebra default Wink ( unlike PCSX2 we're stuck with GSDX )

(08-24-2012, 10:25 PM)miseru99 Wrote: [ -> ]What's with those questions Abdo123, randomly trolling to spam more like usually? O.o

do i do that a lot ! Ohmy
(08-25-2012, 01:31 AM)abdo123 Wrote: [ -> ]do i do that a lot ! Ohmy

Avoid it at all cost. Cool
so it's true ! Closedeyes
Let me take a baseball bat and strighten some of your "facts" as well:
-Not all emulators are plugin oriented. Xebra for sure isn't, in other words you ARE stuck with the stuff it comes with. Saying otherwise means you talk about emu you never even saw and try to show otherwise;].
-About GSdx being limited to PCSX2 not being a general GS plugin you're also wrong;P, GSdx can be used for both ps2 and ps1 emus;P, soo not only it's a general GS plugin, but works for 2 different GS chips as well.

Anyway that's yet another offtop created by nonsense which had to be corrected;].
Pages: 1 2 3