..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts Chernabog Freeze/Crash, HELP PLZ!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yeah, well yesterday I downloaded PCSX2(Current 1.0 version) to my new gaming rig to play some upscaled KH(I LOVE THIS GAME), anyway, it went on just fine untill the big-dark-demon-guy-whatever-boss called Chernabog got his visit from Sora, and the game just frooze! I just thought that, well that sucks, but come on he's not to hard so let's go again, however the same problem occured again...and again...and again!
It's so frustrating!

So I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and found a solution or just know how to fix it.

My specs on the PC:
Asus 7950
i5 3570K
8GB RAM@1600mHZ
etc...

Im running the game with an ISO, the settings are pretty much everything on that uses power from the PC, im using DX11 in hardware mode btw. And yes of course i've tried to change settings up and down, left to right, but nothing works(it seems)...

The game runs at constant 59,97(?) FPS all the time.

I really hope that there are some good-hearted people with the knowledge to help meSmile
Cheers!
Can you show us you settings & speedhacks?

-Also make sure you save and load the game normally (via the memory card function) before the battle and you don't use the savestate function because sometimes they tend to cause bugs.

-Make sure you haven't checked in speedhacks the enable fast CDVD hack. Kingdom Hearts series tends to have issues with it when it has to load a bunch of stuff (like loading a completely different engine, like the engine that allows you to fly in Peter Pan related parts)

-Sometimes the game tends to crash because of some cheats when a different engine gets loaded. Disable them -before- you launch the game and try again.

-Try to higher the Clamping and Advanced Recompiler Options in VU and EE/IOP settings. Some parts of the game MAY need it.
There was one really long thread about this problem
Use cheat to kill him(avoiding the bug)
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Kingdom-H...#pid255517
Use Older version of GSdx to avoid the problem
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Kingdom-H...sue?page=5
OK now I'm seriously intrigued. I finished the game with 0.9.8 and 0.9.9 revisions atleast 6 times and the only issue I have was the line glitch in the Command menu and some delay in reaction in the first 2 cutscenes (which is not exactly a bug, it was a programming fault, you can notice it a bit less in a real PS2 hardware but it's there, it got fixed in the final mix though)

Can somebody give me a savestate/savegame before that boss and tell me from which revision and after this problem occured so I will go through all revisions and try?
Maybe you kill the boss before the problem actually appear(like in AT2...if you kill the boss fast enough,the big that make the game freeze won't appear(pcsx2 have some protection against some bugs so pcsx2 just ignore them and don't crash\freeze,but on real PS2,the PS2 freeze)...I think it's before\after certain attack.

There is a save in the thread I posted that lead almost to that boss
0.9.8 don't have that problem but 0.9.9 does(after r4828(including)).You can read the thread for more details
you have to beat the boss faster than bug appear

Ar tonelico 2 also got this boss problem need to kill it in few turn or else freeze(hang)
AT2 have a real bug with the game itself(USA version),here the problem is pcsx2\gsdx,not the game.
(09-03-2012, 10:51 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you kill the boss before the problem actually appear(like in AT2...if you kill the boss fast enough,the big that make the game freeze won't appear(pcsx2 have some protection against some bugs so pcsx2 just ignore them and don't crash\freeze,but on real PS2,the PS2 freeze)...I think it's before\after certain attack.

There is a save in the thread I posted that lead almost to that boss
0.9.8 don't have that problem but 0.9.9 does(after r4828(including)).You can read the thread for more details
OK I'm going to go through ALL revisions and test it. Should DX11/9 matter?
Don't know,I can use only Dx9
Yeah, well I got past him with cheats, lol, made my day!
Pages: 1 2 3