..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Dynasty Warriors 3 mega lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[/color][/color]
Dell
Model: N5010

Processor: Intel® Core™ i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz
2.53GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 4.00gb (3.87 GB usable)

System type: 64bit operating system

So I recently installed pcsx2 so I could play my newly purchased Dynasty Warriors 3 game.
If it was a PAL version I would play it on my ps2 console but is not sadly.

Everything from character selection too the loading screen works perfectly but when the FMWs start to run everything goes all slow motion and laggy.
The game play is just as laggy as the FMVs if not worse.

I have seen numerous tutorials on how to fix the lag and increase the fps but nothing seems to work =\

Any wizards out there care to help this poor sod.
By the way I forgot to add that I am using version 1.0.0

I'm going to test out version 0.9.6 in the meantime to see if it works on that.

Feel free to leave some advice please!!
You didn't post your graphics card so I assume it's a built-in one...in which case don't expect any good speeds with PCSX2. You need a decent dedicated graphics card for most games to work at acceptable speeds.
(09-13-2012, 09:19 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't post your graphics card so I assume it's a built-in one...in which case don't expect any good speeds with PCSX2. You need a decent dedicated graphics card for most games to work at acceptable speeds.

ATI Mobility Randeon HD 4650

I'm currently testing ffx but having no luck.
..I have a feeling I can't avoid the inevitable.
Try playing with Native Resolution. Your mobile graphics card isn't strong for pcsx2.
(09-13-2012, 10:04 AM)recoder Wrote: [ -> ]Try playing with Native Resolution. Your mobile graphics card isn't strong for pcsx2.

Native has been on the whole time sadly enough..

The renderer is direct3d10 hardware and the interlacing is on none
Changed it to direct3d9 and I managed to get it up to 20fpc in comparrison to 12-11 fpc. Made me grin a wee bit.