..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Proper configurations for Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone I have the following specs for the laptop which I'm trying to get PCSX2 to work on with Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando.

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
System Manufacturer: Lenovo
System Model: 20022
BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBLI
Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Display: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

I'm not that savvy enough to know about various settings such as logarithmic z's, half-pixel offsets, etc. so please use simple terms on me. xD

I've actually messed with the graphics settings, trying out different plugins and whatnot but so far, I am only getting roughly 50 to 60fps as of writing this. It works slowly when I try to walk on the first area and that's to say I don't even have enemies on the view yet. So yeah, any tips?
Your CPU and GPU is too weak to play most games on PCSX2 smoothly. 50 FPS is normal speed for PAL. and 59.94 for NTSC. You must be getting false FPS readings though if it's slow. Play on native resolution, have lowest sound settings, and try the EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing hacks.

Have you set your laptop to high performance as well?

I suggest playing on your PS2 until you can get a better system.
(09-13-2012, 11:34 AM)Rolento Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU and GPU is too weak to play most games on PCSX2 smoothly. 50 FPS is normal speed for PAL. and 59.94 for NTSC. You must be getting false FPS readings though if it's slow. Play on native resolution, have lowest sound settings, and try the EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing hacks.

Have you set your laptop to high performance as well?

I suggest playing on your PS2 until you can get a better system.

Aww damn, my PS2 isn't functional anymore which is why I'm turning to emulation. Seems I'll have to wait 'til I get a gaming PC to play seeing as most of the games I'm wanting to play are 3D. And yeah I've set those settings. The first time I played the game was far more slower than it is now.