..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Metal Slug 6 Not Running on Metal Slug Anthology
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all. I'm having a problem with my Metal Slug Anthology (known as Metal Slug Complete in Japan) game. I can run all the other 6 titles, from 1-5, including X fine, but when I get to this screen...

[Image: pcsx2.png]

And press X, the screen just turns black. No audio. No video. No anything. Even after a long wait, in contrast to the other titles, where I'd be given a loading screen.

I know I'm not the first to have encountered this problem, but I ran a quick search and I couldn't find a thread with a definitive solution to the problem. Below are my machine's specs and the logs. Unfortunately, I'm not very knowledgable on computers, so I can only say what I know. For now I just need the game to run. I'll deal with any possible slowdowns at a later date.

[Image: pcsx.png]

[Image: pcsx3.png]

[Image: pcsx4.png]

Processor: Genuine Intel® CPU U7300 @1.3GHz, 4GB RAM, 64-bit OS.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Firstly, go to the main site and download version 1.0.0 and try again, if it still doesnt work, report back Tongue

and dont use savestates please Smile
I have the same problem with PCSX2 r5413!
the last test result we had was that the loading screens werent showing, so let it load for a few mins and see if it shows up.

If not, see if you can locate 0.9.7 as it definitely worked then.
I tried version 1.0.0 and 0.9.7, same thing, even without the use of savestates.
are your memory cards the standard 8mb ones? or did you use custom ones?

also have you got all speed hacks and game fixes set to off?
I tried disabling speed hacks, same result. I use the standard 8mb memory card.