..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Looking to buy a cpu to run pcsx2 nicely
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking to buy a nice cpu with a price of $140 at most to run pcsx2, i need recommendations.

I still need to buy mobo and ram for the new cpu since im stuck on lga775 :x

Btw newbie here, hi all.
An Intel i7 (8 cores) is very suitable because you can run games smoother and try looking for an Intel turbo technology one so that the process is spread through the 8 cores and the remaining can be used for EE GS VU0 and VU1
^
^
^
he can't because he is stuck w/ LGA775 socket w/ 140 bucks budget
the possible CPU and price is E7600
or a second hand E8600 if the settled at $140
Thats not much money tbh, your better of to save up longer and get somthing with more grunt later down the line.
Is the $140 your budget for just the CPU, or is it for the mobo and ram, as well?

If it's the former, I'd go with a Pentium G860 (~$75), a Biostar TZ77B mobo (~$100), and a Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB ram kit (~$45). The G860 is a Sandy Bridge Pentium and should run pretty well for most games (though there will still be some that are too demanding for it to run fullspeed). The motherboard is not exactly top-of-the-line; but it's inexpensive, you can eventually upgrade to a high-end Ivy Bridge CPU (i5-3570K would be the most-recommended one in this case) when you have the money, and it fully supports overclocking on "K" model CPUs.

If it's the latter, that's really not enough to do much of anything with. D=