..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: weird error message?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, something weird just happened
I was playing jak 2 and I got to the part where you enter the spoiler tomb of mar and suddenly in the top right hand corner there appears a message in red writing saying something like "global heap fatally low at 60k free". It seems to be a ps2 error message because pressing f9 seems to change its resolution, it sounds memory related, but whatever fatally low means the game seems to be running fine at 60fps which is why I haven't put it under bugs.
so, is it dangerous? what should I do

spec
i7 3820 @4.2 8 gb ram, windows 7 home premium x64, gtx 670,
dx11 3x native, alpha hack, all the "recomended" speed hacks other than cycle stealing the rest standard plugins

edit: how do you do spoiler tags?
post pictures?
(09-30-2012, 07:06 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]post pictures?
I don't know how to post pictures in posts either Blush is an attachment ok?
also it seems to be going down as i'm playing first it said 60 k then 59k then 57 as I opened a door?
edit: I won't bother posting another picture because you probably see the point, but while I was on the internet the game which had been paused decreased to 56k, so it may be slowly decreasing with time.
another edit: so I played for a while more and it didn't decrease then i paused.... and it instantly decreased i've repeatedly paused and unpaused and it seems to reduce the number by one every 2 pauses on average????? should i do it till it gets to zero for curiosities sake, (now i'm on 47k)
3rd edit
so I reached a cutscene and pausing didn't appear to affect the number there but when i got to the end it suddenly dropped down to 40
see what happens if it goes completely down (also emulog.txt should have something to say)
(09-30-2012, 07:41 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]see what happens if it goes completely down (also emulog.txt should have something to say)
do you mean the console? if so i don't think it says anything of use, I uploaded it just in case though
edit: ok using the pause unpause method it seems to bottom out at 16k, i'll try playing through to see it it'll drop any lower, but even if it doesn't crash my system it's still quite annoying it just taking up part of the screen like that
edited for clarity
try using supervu in emulation settings. (you can reload the save state) see if that changes anything

Quote:IOP: =========Startup===(a9030)====
IOP: Size 2097152
IOP: Free 744448
IOP: Max 744448
IOP: Used 1352704
IOP: start at 0x000A9030
WARNING: WaitEventFlag KE_CAN_NOT_WAIT

This could be your issue, but I am not sure. so I'm quoting it for more experienced users/devs to see
(09-30-2012, 08:10 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]try using supervu in emulation settings. (you can reload the save state) see if that changes anything

This could be your issue, but I am not sure. so I'm quoting it for more experienced users/devs to see

ok tried super vu..... it doesn't work, adds graphical glitches ( floor behind me becomes transparent no matter where move) also i reloaded a savestate from before the incident ( on the other side of the city) and it still showed the error message back at 61k
but did that error show up on superVU?
(09-30-2012, 08:22 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]but did that error show up on superVU?
yes
make a bug report
Pages: 1 2