..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 won't load games at all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I select a game (in this case "Resident Evil - Dead Aim.iso", the emulator doesn't start the game. I don't get any errors or anything, nothing happens. Running it as administrator doesn't make a difference either, and I've tried several games with no luck.
My settings are configured based on a youtube video uploaded by someone with very similar specs to mine (I don't remember which video, though).

My specs are;
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Intel Core i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Nvidia Geforce GT 540M
6GB RAM
DirectX 11

Should I post my emulator settings as well, or does anyone have an idea about what might be wrong already?
forget about youtube videos.
erase evrything, download the latest offical build from our download page : http://pcsx2.net/download/releases/windows.html
then follow the official config guide http://pcsx2.net/config-guide/official-e...guide.html
and then report back
Still doesn't work. I select the .iso and nothing happens. And now I know for a fact that my settings are correct, though it seems like most of them were already.
what other games are you trying?
(10-14-2012, 12:34 AM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]what other games are you trying?

None at the moment, but I'll update tomorrow.
if u loaded the game correctly and the game is not starting when u say boot fast then my guess something is wrong with the dvd drive plug in. use a plug in that reads iso

it would be better if u post the plug ins screen and the video plug in config screen. as for the other emulator settings they are in default. if u changed anything post it
same thing happens to me only thing is that when I run every possible game my screen will stay black,I tryed everything,dunno what to do Sad
need both of you to post your emulogs please.
Just tried again with Code: Veronica X and had the same problem with that .iso, so I looked through my settings and noticed I had the renderer set to Null (Null) instead of Direct3D10 (Hardware). I know for a fact that I didn't select Null, but I guess I must have hit the down arrow by accident. Anyway, now I can run both games normally w/ fast boot. Jesus.

By the way, to the guy who asked me what other games I had tried, I meant that I had tried several versions of Dead Aim, not different games. Sorry about that. :b
(10-14-2012, 06:44 PM)79az Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, to the guy who asked me what other games I had tried, I meant that I had tried several versions of Dead Aim, not different games. Sorry about that. :b

I hope you own all of them. Or very least borrowed them off your friend to try.
Pages: 1 2