..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: is it possible??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I did not know were to post this thread. If it is in the wrong section I'm sorry. I didn't see any posts on this question so on to my question.

I seen that there is a release of pxsx2 for linux..... my question is.... is it possible to get the emulator to run on a PS3 running linux??

I was very dissapointed when I got my ps3 and found out it wouldn't play my ps2 games. finding out that linux can be installed gave me some hope of removing my ps2 from my liveing room.

MidasClaw
no, already said.

ps3's linux has a different structure than a "normal" linux.
(01-27-2009, 09:55 PM)mewster Wrote: [ -> ]no, already said.

ps3's linux has a different structure than a "normal" linux.

ok thanks for makeing that clear.
PS3 have it's own PS2 emulator lol
I heard that PS2 emulator of PS3 sucks.
(01-27-2009, 10:18 PM)Kein Wrote: [ -> ]PS3 have it's own PS2 emulator lol

Kein where have you been????? only select ps3 systems come with a ps3 emulator either a 20gb 60gb and some 80gb ps3 will play ps2 games the 40gb and newer 80gb and 160gb ps3's will not play the games but you can make a ps2 memory card on it....... LOL

MidasClaw
That was no emulator, that was real Emotion Engine inside PS3, that was much cooler than any emulator. But newest PS3 has program emulator inside (it's hidden yet) which could be obtained by hacking. And it's suxx.

PS3 linux has the standard linux structure. But this linux does not use all power of PS3 and the processor assembler of PS3 is far away from intel-PC one. System calls could be improved, but assembler -- never, it should be completely rewritten.
(01-28-2009, 12:11 AM)Zeydlitz Wrote: [ -> ]That was no emulator, that was real Emotion Engine inside PS3, that was much cooler than any emulator. But newest PS3 has program emulator inside (it's hidden yet) which could be obtained by hacking. And it's suxx.

PS3 linux has the standard linux structure. But this linux does not use all power of PS3 and the processor assembler of PS3 is far away from intel-PC one. System calls could be improved, but assembler -- never, it should be completely rewritten.

Not all of the PS3's have the EE chip inside. According to Wikipedia, only the 20GB and the 60GB NTCS platforms have the actual chip, the rest use software.

Hence why PS2 compatibility varies according to what type you have. The software emulator isn't perfect.
real Emotion Engine never came to europe, only the first batchs of PS3 in America and Japan have them, if i am not mistaken.
(01-27-2009, 10:35 PM)MidasClaw Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2009, 10:18 PM)Kein Wrote: [ -> ]PS3 have it's own PS2 emulator lol

Kein where have you been????? only select ps3 systems come with a ps3 emulator either a 20gb 60gb and some 80gb ps3 will play ps2 games the 40gb and newer 80gb and 160gb ps3's will not play the games but you can make a ps2 memory card on it....... LOL

MidasClaw

So, you are looser then and your PS3 suck ass.
Pages: 1 2