..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Just a quick question about SSE2/SSE3/SSE4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering what would be the better plugin for me, I'm currently

i5 3570k @ 3.4ghz
H77MA-G43
G.skill sniper 4gb at 1600
and HD6790.

Almost all games in my library are working pretty well, but i have read changing the plugin and enabling a few hacks here and there would give me a speed boost.

(since xD i'm still having a hard time running Xenosaga 3 (i get fps drops whenever my "gear" activates anima skill)

Thank you
sse4 should work properly with your rig.
and yes, xenosaga 3 is very demanding.

Enable all recommended speedhacks (especially MTVU hack) and set ee cycle rate to 1
thanks for that Smile~
You could use the AVX version of GSDX if you wanted to, however itll be no faster than SSE4 unless you are using the software renderer.
Any difference between SSE4.1 vs 4.2?
One of them is merely a subset with only a small handfull of commands made by amd which is useless for emulation and gsdx doesn'tzsw support it Tongue2

Edit: sorry, was thinking of 4a, but 4.2 is again a small subset, 4.1 is the most useful
Problems with the Anima Awakening of the E.S.s? That's strange... My laptop (Asus G53SW-SZ114V) was able to run the whole game fullspeed at 2x Native. Just some little graphic bugs with some cutscenes in which i used Software Mode to see them properly.

Like jesalvein said, use MTVU Hack.