..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: pcsx2 1.0.0 being very slow and having low fps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi the pcsx2 emulator is like in slow motion and i've tested the following games

destroy all humans
destroy all humans 2
dbz budokai tenkaichi (i think this is a really demanding game ?)
way of the samurai 1

specs
intel i5-2450m 2.5ghz
kingston 8gb ddr3 ram
nvidia geforce 610m 1gb ddr3

there all really slow and the graphics are messed up
e.g destroy all humans the shadows of trees follow you around so like parts of the game are black . same as DAH2 however the rest are just really slow

i know that i can't expect the games to work 100% especially when i'm using a laptop however i think with the right help i can improve it also i don't know the appropriate settings to use because everyone say's something different . Sad

i really appreciate any help Smile

p.s i know that having the power plan on balanced affects the game .
Destroy All Humans has some issues, you can "kindof" sort it by setting the skipdraw in gsdx to around 6 or 7.

As for low FPS, im afraid this is mostly due to your graphics card which is very weak, but i guess there isnt a lot you can do about it on a laptop. Keep GSDX in "Native" mode and make sure you are using the directx 11 hardware renderer. That said you might experience better FPS with software mode (you can swap this on the fly by pressing F9 in game)
(11-03-2012, 08:54 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]That said you might experience better FPS with software mode (you can swap this on the fly by pressing F9 in game)

set extra threads to 3, you'll likely have no issues with FPS