..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Escape key
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Out of habit from playing other games I'm pressing the escape key to reach the game menu, which is causing the window to close. Is there a way to disable this feature or bind it to another key? Sorry if there's other topics about this, I can't seem to find any that help Sad
no, not unless you modify the source code.
Ah, well.. Thanks Smile I guess I'll have to get used to it then
I'm new to PCSX2 and I had to register just to post this, but I think what you are looking for is this:

Config -> Video -> Window Settings
uncheck "Hide window when paused"

No need to use Autohotkey or to modify the source code Smile.
The point is to not pause the emulation with the Esc key.
You can easily disable that key with AutoHotkey or bind it to some other key.

The code I posted disable the Esc key only when the GS window(the game window)is the active window
Well, Xira didn't really say if this actually was the point, he only wanted to stop the window from closing when pressing Esc to reach the game menu. And I don't know why you would not want the emulation to pause when you have to change some settings - I'd guess you would use the ingame pause function in this case anyway, if there is one. About every PC game I know also pauses when you open the game menu by pressing Esc.