..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: pcsx2 major performance issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi on my rig amd fx 62 @ 3ghz ati 4850 and 4 gigs ddr2 ram

i used to run FFX i would get 65-100fps in opening

i tried all the latest revs i only get 30-50fps now D:

persona 4 opening and gameplay i would get 77fps in opening and 60fps or above in gameplay

now i get 60fps in opening and 50fps in gameplay. T_T

i even tried running the old revs that ran FFX at 65-100fps and i still get these performance issues. can somone please be kind to help solve my problem? i would greatly appreciate this. thanks!!!
Without you posting any configurations you made we can't help you.
AMD FX?WTF is it?You mean X2?
FX was the limiter unlocked versions of the X2.
Are you using Speed Hacks? Is MTGS enabled? Please Post Pics of your configs
Hi, I have a Gateway desktop. It has XP Home Edition Version 2002 with Service Pack 3. Also, it has Intel ® Pentium ® 4 CPU 2.40GHz, 2.39 GHz and 512 MB of RAM.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get games to run more smoothly with a comp with these specs? I'm new to pcsx2 and any help would be greatly appreciated.
(01-31-2009, 05:11 AM)greenwing Wrote: [ -> ]Also, it has Intel ® Pentium ® 4 CPU 2.40GHz, 2.39 GHz and 512 MB of RAM.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get games to run more smoothly with a comp with these specs?

Pray for a miracle?

Seriously, you'd better have low expectations or you'll be sorely disappointed. There are a few games that will be somewhat playable with all speedhacks enabled plus frame/VUskip. But they won't be pretty or accurate in their emulation. Wink
(01-31-2009, 05:36 AM)Air Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2009, 05:11 AM)greenwing Wrote: [ -> ]Also, it has Intel ® Pentium ® 4 CPU 2.40GHz, 2.39 GHz and 512 MB of RAM.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get games to run more smoothly with a comp with these specs?

Pray for a miracle?

Seriously, you'd better have low expectations or you'll be sorely disappointed. There are a few games that will be somewhat playable with all speedhacks enabled plus frame/VUskip. But they won't be pretty or accurate in their emulation. Wink

How do I enable speedhacks?
(01-31-2009, 05:41 AM)greenwing Wrote: [ -> ]How do I enable speedhacks?

Config menu. Speedhacks. (It's near the bottom of the menu). Check everything in there except the Escape Hack, which isn't actually a speed hack.

Speedhacks break various parts of the emulator, so some games won't be too happy with them enabled, but you won't have much choice. You'll need the hacks. Wink
Weird. Speedhacks doesn't show up there for me. The bottom of my menu is Patches. I'm using PCSX2 0.9.4. Should I upgrade to the beta 5 version?
Pages: 1 2