..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Lag from the color white
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i play persona 3 at an okay speed not the top but it runs and its playable but when i get into a battle and there is an enemy tht is the white suddenly my fps drops to like 20 fps if its 1 enemy and like 10 if its 2 or more enemy's can anyone explain this weird issue and give and possible fixes? I rarely have any other issues although the 6th boss did a similar thing but he was gold so idk if those r related at all.
(12-17-2012, 02:39 AM)k2i3n4g5 Wrote: [ -> ]So i play persona 3 at an okay speed not the top but it runs and its playable but when i get into a battle and there is an enemy tht is the white suddenly my fps drops to like 20 fps if its 1 enemy and like 10 if its 2 or more enemy's can anyone explain this weird issue and give and possible fixes? I rarely have any other issues although the 6th boss did a similar thing but he was gold so idk if those r related at all.

In that game those in white are the bad guys, so bad to the point of affecting the surroundings (including the emulation) Smile

Now seriously... maybe is not the white color (although myself have seen performance issues with falling snowflocks... hint, hint...) ... for example in SO3 at that snowy city where there was slight but noticeable performance hit... still I don't believe is due to the color.
Probably the white textures are just alpha effects which can cause slowdowns for many games or probably the white textures are in a different format, so try using 8-bit textures
(12-17-2012, 09:01 AM)EmucraZ Wrote: [ -> ]Probably the white textures are just alpha effects which can cause slowdowns for many games or probably the white textures are in a different format, so try using 8-bit textures

The point on the irony is to say was given no actually useful information. Nothing about the machine spec, the emulator's version, it's configuration and if speedhacks are already used...

Things that could really help us helping him. In the subsequent counter example I found the slowdown was due to the snow flocks indeed, they had a "solid" nucleus and a translucent aura. That effect was gone by simply pushing the VU cycle stealing to 2 (PS: to 1, actually since it starts on 0). Not sure why it happened but worked.

PS: My guess is all that physics coming to the VUs, aggravated by the alpha effects on the auras making my poor CPU to cry (not the videocard in this case). Knowing the machine specs and the emulator's config is the only thing allowing more than wild guesses and more accurate recommendations.

Yet, if proceeding, the information about enemies on white can help the devs understanding what is going on, but not much to be done in the helpdesk.
so none of u have a way to fix it is tht wat u r saying?
(12-18-2012, 01:13 AM)k2i3n4g5 Wrote: [ -> ]so none of u have a way to fix it is tht wat u r saying?

No, we are saying we can't know it if you don't tell what's your machine and those other things mentioned.
(12-18-2012, 02:24 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]No, we are saying we can't know it if you don't tell what's your machine and those other things mentioned.

AMD thlon 64x2 dual core processor 3600+ 2.01 GHZ(yes i know its low grade) 4GB of Ram and a 650 2GB getforce nivida graphics card as far as i can remember

the settings r all on default except i have speedhacks on with EE cyclerate on1 and VU cycle stealing on 3