..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Grahpics plugin not loading..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys!

I downloaded this just to be able to play Final Fantasy X again, and now I finally have a computer that supposedly will be able to run it smoothly!

I just got a new Asus N76VZ with i7-3610QM, 8 gig ram and an nvidia gt 650M with 2 gig ram..

I also have windows 7 which should have the directx drivers already installed, and this laptop just came from the store. The problem should not be hardware.

The error message I get is that I need to update some directx libraries, which seems a bit weird to be honest, so I'm thinking there's gotta be something I'm not doing..

So I was hoping to et a little help here.. What am I doing wrong? Any and all input is much appreciated. Smile And sorry about the slightly hazy post, I just realized it's 6am here. Tongue2

Edit: So I just had to figure this out before I went to bed, and it seems if you run the installer then the directx web set up starts and installs all these nifty little drivers that apparently are missing from what is installed as stock on this computer. I think the problem is solving itself. Tongue2

Edit: It works. Like a charm. Smile
(12-21-2012, 06:37 AM)Freedomofnow Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys!

I downloaded this just to be able to play Final Fantasy X again, and now I finally have a computer that supposedly will be able to run it smoothly!

I just got a new Asus N76VZ with i7-3610QM, 8 gig ram and an nvidia gt 650M with 2 gig ram..

I also have windows 7 which should have the directx drivers already installed, and this laptop just came from the store. The problem should not be hardware.

The error message I get is that I need to update some directx libraries, which seems a bit weird to be honest, so I'm thinking there's gotta be something I'm not doing..

So I was hoping to et a little help here.. What am I doing wrong? Any and all input is much appreciated. Smile And sorry about the slightly hazy post, I just realized it's 6am here. Tongue2

Edit: So I just had to figure this out before I went to bed, and it seems if you run the installer then the directx web set up starts and installs all these nifty little drivers that apparently are missing from what is installed as stock on this computer. I think the problem is solving itself. Tongue2

Edit: It works. Like a charm. Smile

No, you still need to update directX 10 and install directX 9.0c.

The one which comes with Windows is outdated (had new versions since) and even the directX updated by most games is still outdated (even when used the last version available at the project start).

Edit: You got it quasi correct at your post edit, the point is directX has only a small part of directX 9 and so it (DX9) is still needed by many programs. Some games will install it when needed, but repeating the above, will install outdated versions, hence the need of updating it yet.