..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCXS2 1.0.0 portable?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Portable as in, can i copy it to an external HDD and play it from another computer through my external hdd or do i have to re-install the whole thing in the other computer?

Oh and if is not portable is there a version that is portable? thanks in advance
Download the binary package of PCSX2.
It will come with the portable.ini file, and will behave as you desire. Smile
(12-25-2012, 12:22 AM)Rezard Wrote: [ -> ]Download the binary package of PCSX2.
It will come with the portable.ini file, and will behave as you desire. Smile

Thank you for your reply.Smile

Where do i download the binary package? is it 1.0.0?

And are there any pros and cons from downloading the binary package vs downloading the one you have to install?

Thanks in advance
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Forum-Program

Binary package for Windows is there.

The installer is basically just more user-friendly.
I always use binaries. Smile
I have not download the installer for a long time. But from what I remember since 0.9.6, the installer extracts the binaries into the folder of your choice and add an entry to program list in Control Panel.

There is no reason to install a software when it is not mandatory.
(12-25-2012, 12:45 AM)Rezard Wrote: [ -> ]http://forums.pcsx2.net/Forum-Program

Binary package for Windows is there.

The installer is basically just more user-friendly.
I always use binaries. Smile

Thanks, do i need to download DirectX for the binary package as i need to do with the standalone version? Are there other things i need or im good to go?
If you already have DirectX runtime library up-to-date, there is no need to download or install it again. Else do it.

The same thing applies to VC++ runtime.
(12-25-2012, 06:00 AM)Livy Wrote: [ -> ]If you already have DirectX runtime library up-to-date, there is no need to download or install it again. Else do it.

The same thing applies to VC++ runtime.

So wait a minute, I need to download DirectX and VC++runtime ( I have no idea what this is, this my first time downloading/using PCXS2) to make the PCXS2 work? So how is the binary package portable? Do i need to downloading DirectX and VC++runtime in every computer and install it on it?
Are there any other programs i need to download to make PCXS2 work?
actually, no.
those are the only ones you need.

but in fact, updating VC++ & Directx on a windows machine is mandatory, nowadays.
And not only for pcsx2....
Pages: 1 2