..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFXII is faster on 1080p than on native!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I'm having low fps on FFXII. On indoor parts or cutscenes it runs at 80~100% on native resolution. But when i'm at the city, with a lot of NPC on the screen it goes down to 50% speed.

I have an intel hd 4000, and you might blame the graphic card, but look how funny, when I change the resolution to custom 1980x1080 it gets a great speed up (it goes to around 80% in the city) and the GC usage goes down. But keeping this resolution makes the fps go to 40%~50% on the cutscenes...

I don't think the graphic card is to blame here... and the EE keeps almost at 100% (but the CPU usage is usually around 30%), I'm not sure if it's the CPU either.

I'd like to find a solution for it, I think I'm missing something... I've already tried playing with the speedhack settings (trying different combinations). It usually gets me 2 or 3 extra fps...

I'm running the NTSC version of the game. Here are my specs:

Intel i5 (3210M)
4 GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Windows 8

I'd appreciate some help i really want to play this game.

(Before someone asks, I opened a topic about ffxii a couple weeks ago but people questioned how legal my bios was, since I had given my ps2 to my brother, I took it back and dumped my own bios, so I'm legal now, that's why it took this long).
(12-29-2012, 02:11 PM)dimape Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

I'm having low fps on FFXII. On indoor parts or cutscenes it runs at 80~100% on native resolution. But when i'm at the city, with a lot of NPC on the screen it goes down to 50% speed.

I have an intel hd 4000, and you might blame the graphic card, but look how funny, when I change the resolution to custom 1980x1080 it gets a great speed up (it goes to around 80% in the city) and the GC usage goes down. But keeping this resolution makes the fps go to 40%~50% on the cutscenes...

I don't think the graphic card is to blame here... and the EE keeps almost at 100% (but the CPU usage is usually around 30%), I'm not sure if it's the CPU either.

I'd like to find a solution for it, I think I'm missing something... I've already tried playing with the speedhack settings (trying different combinations). It usually gets me 2 or 3 extra fps...

I'm running the NTSC version of the game. Here are my specs:

Intel i5 (3210M)
4 GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Windows 8

I'd appreciate some help i really want to play this game.

(Before someone asks, I opened a topic about ffxii a couple weeks ago but people questioned how legal my bios was, since I had given my ps2 to my brother, I took it back and dumped my own bios, so I'm legal now, that's why it took this long).

a little update. when I change the resolution to 1920x1080 the EE and GC go down to around 40~60%, but it still gets me 30 fps on cutscenes... when in game it runs better tough...
i've never, in my life, heard of the speed going up when you raise the resolution.

can you do 2 screenshots in the city, one in 1920x1080 and one in native?
(12-29-2012, 08:27 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]i've never, in my life, heard of the speed going up when you raise the resolution.

can you do 2 screenshots in the city, one in 1920x1080 and one in native?

sure mate, here it is:

NATIVE: http://postimage.org/image/7axmfffaj/

HIGH RES: http://postimage.org/image/udeahf45d/

GSDX SETTINGS: http://postimage.org/image/ofsy8ut3f/

edit: I just realized I had chrome opened when took the native res screenshot. But even when I closed it, it didn't change much, the 1920x1080 definitely runs faster in the city. If you need any more screenshot let me know.