..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Root password not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

So I got a new Macbook pro a couple of days ago with Lion. Followed the guide and installed all the necessary components and enabled root user and changed the password. However when I run XQuartz and try and type in the root password after typing 'sudo tsch' is keeps saying 'Sorry, try again'.

I've tried changing the password multiple times and reinstalling all components as well as restarting the Mac but not luck unfortunately. Any ideas?
Firstly, the "sudo" command asks for your user password, not the root password. sudo's purpose is to temporarily elevate an administrator account to root level for a single command, on OSX, it will only work for users created as Administrator, but not limited accounts.

If you want to get access to a root command prompt, just use the "su" command, with no parameters. This logs you in as root for the remainder of the console session, and expects the root password. This session lasts either until you use the "exit" command, or close the terminal window.

Hope this helps.
Ah thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm new to Mac haha.

Managed to get FFXII running though it's not displaying properly. Will have to have a gander through the settings but at least I can get games running. Cheers!
(12-31-2012, 12:21 AM)ChumbaWumba91 Wrote: [ -> ]Managed to get FFXII running though it's not displaying properly. Will have to have a gander through the settings but at least I can get games running. Cheers!

Can you tell me how you got FFXII to work for you? I posted a thread here but no one's responded. Right now it just opens to a blank screen, if anything at all. If you could just break it down to the basics I'd be eternally grateful!
Hey man,

I just followed the initial guide to set up pcsx2 for my mac, loaded up the bios in the package and loaded up the iso and it started running though it wasn't displaying properly.

Might be worth starting it all over from scratch and seeing how that goes, i'm no expert unfortunately so can't help you much. Sorry!