..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Frame rate drops [Probably my bad]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so, recently I wanted to play Yakuza on my PCSX2 but it was lagging a lot when free roam starts (drop from the usual 60fps to 30fps, sound went crappy etc). I went to YouTube and looked for ways to speed it up, did some configurations here and there but nothing worked, so I put all my settings back to default again.

However, when I started Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, my frame rate dropped again. Initially when I first downloaded PCSX2, with default setting, it ALWAYS stayed in a range of 50 to 60fps and it was very smooth but after I played around with the settings (even though I changed it back to default), my Nocturne lagged again.

I thought maybe I forgot to set something back and since I can't remember, I uninstalled PCSX2 and reinstalled it again, removing all BIOS files and everything else except my memcards folder(I don't wanna lose my saves D=) and redid everything, but it still lags when I run Nocturne so I don't know what to do now and I'm not incredibly knowledgable on computers... Help please? Thank you~

PC Specs(I'm just typing out everything I see on dxdiag)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Intel Core i7 CPU M620 @ 2.67GHz(4 CPUs)
4096 RAM
DirectX 11

Display
Nvidia GeForce 310M
Approx Total Memory: 2188MB

I hope this is enough.
Probably the power plan were set to some kind of power saving mode, try switching it to High Performance.
Wow! That was simple XD

Yeah it worked out perfectly, thank you very much! My game's back to 60fps now =D
(01-01-2013, 03:28 PM)LucisFerreX Wrote: [ -> ]Wow! That was simple XD

Yeah it worked out perfectly, thank you very much! My game's back to 60fps now =D

Just remember to return to a power saving plan after playing, to spare the bateries for normal use.