..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 going crazy with FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So yesterday I had issues with slow FPS, and started changing speedhack settings, including but not limited to shutting it off. Today, I fire up the PC, load up THPS4, and now I am hitting 200+fps, then it drops to 60 or so, then up again. The game is going too fast then slow. What in the world happened here? I changed the Disable Frame Limiting option, but then I was still above 150fps.

Does anyone have ideas on what happened? This is also happening with a few other games, the FPS is rollercoasting all over the place.

Thanks!

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 4gHZ
Two NVidia GeForce 9800GT
PCSX2 ver 1.0 r5492
4gb Ram
Framelimiting does exactly what it says it limit fps to what it should be as max, if you disabled it, then you got wrong idea of what it does:].

At the top of gs output window(the one displaying the game;p) you should have "Framelimiter:" at either "Normal"(you really want this for normal gameplay;p), "none"(it's disabled - usefull pretty much only for benchmark or skipping boring stuff fast), "turbo" or "slowmo"(both are usefull to either skip boring gameplay/cheat arcade elements).

Those options are switchable with hotkeys:
F4 - toggle enable/disable framelimiter
Tab - toggle turbo mode
Shift+Tab - toggle slow mode
And inside gui:
Config>Emulation Settings>GS

Soo just make sure Framelimiter works and is not disabled by either pressing F4 or going through the gui;].
This is happening regardless of the frame limiter being checked.
The checkbox in gui is actually for disabling it;p if it's checked, the framelimiter is not working;]. If that's clear, and you aren't accidently pressing hotkeys then I dunno, try restore default settings and make sure at the top of the window you constantly have "Framelimiter: Normal";p.