..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Couple of games not running/running slow (DW3, BG:DA2, ZOE2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I've searched around, and the latest posts on all these games that I could find was like may of last year.

Only DW game I care about: Dynasty Warriors 3 runs at 10-30fps.

Baldur's Gate 2 I couldn't find any fixes, although I saw a post saying they got it working or something along those lines without a link or description of how they fixed it.

Zone of the Enders 2 is running in between 40-60 fps, but generally too slow to play, wondering if there is anything I can do to speed that one up.

Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
4096MB RAM
GeForce GTX 550 Ti

I can overclock my CPU probably to 3.6 GHz without overheating.

//?
you're supposed to own those games.//
-_*NOT HAVING ACCESS DOES NOT MEAN I DONT OWN THEM.*_-
I do own them, they are with my brothers in another city that's too far away and I can't really get them to ship them or bring them with them.

Please don't lock my thread without letting me dignify myself with a response.
I don't know the technicality aspect about the games being in another city. What you do on your computer is your business, but essentially it's don't ask, don't tell regarding isos and bios, etc. As long as it doesn't look fishy either via screenshot showing 10 different bios', or iso with wacky torrent-like names in the downloads folder, or outright admitting piracy, you're ok. Please bear in mind that the big bad Sony people are probably combing through this site daily. Especially in a day and age where there are many lawyers and DRM is prevalent, precautions need to be taken.

I will answer about one of your games because I have it too...Dynasty Warriors 3. There is almost no perfect way to run this game yet. I had best success in software mode. No EE or VU speedhacks as these will make DW3 considerably worse. Basically, if SW mode doesn't work, then you will have to play the disc on your regular ps2.

To play it safe means assuming that your brother in the other city is not playing the games, making iso copies, or whatever with your games. It's best that either you a) leave that detail out from now on or b) get your disc back. Of course the proper answer is b).
I have broken copies of the above games that I ordered from ebay as well(Just in case -specifically for this reason-). I don't have -working- copies with me. Maybe I should have said that too.

I agree with what you said up there ^, but giving me the benefit of doubt, or at least letting me reply when I'm back at my computer would have been acceptable.
Broken copies are still acceptable copies...and that's a good thing. Smile

I have a ps1 game (Armored Core, hence my username) right now that I made an iso of a long time ago. That disc basically works like garbage when trying to play on PCSX-Reloaded straight from disc. My iso is acceptable even though my native disc will eventually completely bite the dust. Because...I paid for the game.
(01-16-2013, 04:57 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: [ -> ]Broken copies are still acceptable copies...and that's a good thing. Smile

I have a ps1 game (Armored Core, hence my username) right now that I made an iso of a long time ago. That disc basically works like garbage when trying to play on PCSX-Reloaded straight from disc. My iso is acceptable even though my native disc will eventually completely bite the dust. Because...I paid for the game.

Thankfully I made .iso's of my games before I moved out to a new town. Just getting around trying a ps2 emu, like 4 years later lol. But I still managed to get some dirt cheap broken copies for a few bucks just in case.