..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: New user help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I had a nostalgic moment and wanted to play some old games. Basically I followed the setup guide did everything correctly to my knowledge, but when I go to boot the game from my CD drive it just bring me to the PlayStation 2 main menu. I changed the drive to my correct letter, and I do System -> Reboot CDVD (full) and it just brings me to the main menu. Any idea on how to get the game to start?

Thanks

Nevermind I figured out what I was doing wrong. I should experiment more before posting next time!

Thanks <3
Welcome to the Forum Smile
Use fast boot. Don't play games off the disc, make an iso.
Same as what Tyestor says. A program recommended amongst this forum to make ISO's is ImgBurn. A quick Google search will bring up the page Smile
Anyone reading 1st post? Just wondering Biggrin
Problem was already solved Smile
DVD not best way as already was told above me , can be slow read.And if you have some expensive/rare game ,not best idea to play from DVD.
I am also new to this. When you say to use the "fast boot", I noticed I had two ways to run the game. I don't have the software in front of me but if I recall correctly the two options were "fast boot" and "full boot". I am using ISO's which one should I be using and what's the difference?
(01-20-2013, 04:12 PM)CKY Wrote: [ -> ]I am also new to this. When you say to use the "fast boot", I noticed I had two ways to run the game. I don't have the software in front of me but if I recall correctly the two options were "fast boot" and "full boot". I am using ISO's which one should I be using and what's the difference?
Fast boot usually works alright.So just use it Smile
(01-20-2013, 03:52 PM)oOCrazyGamerOo Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone reading 1st post? Just wondering Biggrin
Problem was already solved Smile
DVD not best way as already was told above me , can be slow read.And if you have some expensive/rare game ,not best idea to play from DVD.

They edited the post to add that they solved it after Tyestor and myself commented Tongue