..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Initial Setup Assistance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My problem is likely due to the fact I am very new to Mac.
I was a 25 year PC user who switched over when my last machine gave out, already owning the tablet and the phone.

...I'm not sure where to begin.
I got the program to install, and even managed to load the Bios (although for whatever reason the program doesn't save my settings and I need to reassign the directory each time I start the program up).

With about a 75% success ratio I could even get my .iso file to load.

But that's where things start to break down.

I would like to set things up to use a PS3 controller over bluetooth and get the game software to run in fullscreen mode.

However, while I can (usually) get the title screen to come up I cannot get the game itself to run or get either my computer or the emulator to recognize my controller.

To make matters more confusing, now when I start the software up I get a number of "cannot find [gibberish]" directory messages, the Bios files won't load, and I am starting to get a little frustrated.

Can anybody point me in the right direction on how to get started, keeping in mind that this is both my first foray into advanced Mac usage and my first ever attempt at running an emulator?
Any help would be *greatly* appreciated.
Thank you.
Quote:(although for whatever reason the program doesn't save my settings and I need to reassign the directory each time I start the program up).
you'll need to chmod 655 your pcsx2 folder, I guess.
apart from that, start with this : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-For-every...-PCSX2-Mac
(01-23-2013, 03:06 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]you'll need to chmod 655 your pcsx2 folder, I guess.
apart from that, start with this : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-For-every...-PCSX2-Mac

Thanks for the advice.
...I have no idea what a chmod is, but will check through the other thread.

Thanks for pointing me there!