..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: need help with zerogs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i just started using emulators recently. My main issue right now is that when i try to use ZeroGS the plugin just flat out refuses to load. It says "Your system may have insufficient resources or Memory" etc etc. Now this is obviously wrong because of the specs of the machine i am trying to run this on.

AMD A10 5800 oc at 4.5 ghz turbo up to 4.8.
16 gigs of ddr3 ram
2 x nvidia gtx 680 at 2 gigs of ram a piece.

I am on windows 8 so maybe that is the issue? I have a feeling the plugin or the Emulator just isnt reading my specs correctly maybe due to the apu or the windows 8. Btw, the GPU on the Apu is disabled currently and the 2 express gpus are in SLI. If anyone could point me into the right direction of where i could find a way to get this to run let me know.

My main goal is to try to run everything in a 1920X1080 resolution and while i have been sorta able to achieve this with GSdx32-sse4 ive read that ZeroGS has more options to polish the graphics of the games.
why do you want to use zerogs? Wacko just use gsdx
as far as i know it doesnt up the quality of games more then the gsdx does (could be wrong on this one, if it is true it does up it, it would be a welcome suprise)
use gsdx. zerogs is hopelessly outdated. and there's nothing init that'd polish graphics. where'd you read that? bs
(01-28-2013, 12:25 AM)WarWeeny Wrote: [ -> ]why do you want to use zerogs? Wacko just use gsdx
as far as i know it doesnt up the quality of games more then the gsdx does (could be wrong on this one, if it is true it does up it, it would be a welcome suprise)
yes quality not better,actually not amazing Smile but some games working only with zerogs Smile
(01-28-2013, 01:41 AM)oOCrazyGamerOo Wrote: [ -> ]yes quality not better,actually not amazing Smile but some games working only with zerogs Smile

What about the branch plugin some one made off of ZeroGS? I forget the name, i think they picked it up after ZeroGS stopped being updated. You think its worth looking into?
(01-28-2013, 01:54 AM)abeltensor Wrote: [ -> ]What about the branch plugin some one made off of ZeroGS? I forget the name, i think they picked it up after ZeroGS stopped being updated. You think its worth looking into?
ZeroGS outdated plugin , cant give you anything good but few games working only with it.For example Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero,similar to Dreamcast Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2. For now GSDX best option for other games.
BTW good gaming rig you have Smile
Ty, i built it for some light graphic design as well as gaming... hence the Apu. Ok will go with Gsdx then.

edit: got Shadow of the collosus running at a full 60FPS with the internal res at 1080i... its bloody incredible looking.
(01-28-2013, 02:29 AM)abeltensor Wrote: [ -> ]Ty, i built it for some light graphic design as well as gaming... hence the Apu. Ok will go with Gsdx then.
edit: got Shadow of the collosus running at a full 60FPS with the internal res at 1080i... its bloody incredible looking.
Yup its good for graphic design Smile Good lookin Shadow of the Colossus not a big surprise on your rig Smile
Have fun Happy