..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Configuration - can't get past First Time Configuration screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hiya!

I can't get PCSX2 to get past the First Time Configuration screen. In the initial configuration page, I set up GS based on the specs of my graphics card and configured my controller etc, hit Next, and it tells me I need to update some DirectX libraries, so I did (even though I already had DX11 installed), but each time I run PCSX2, it still says I need to update. Anyways, click through that, and it tells me the selected GS plugin failed to load, hardware/drivers not supported message. Using the most current driver
(Dec 29th 2012), and specs of the machine are more than adequate I think. What am I doing wrong?

Clean install of v1.0.0 r5350

GeForce 8400 GS 1024MB DDR3 card
12G DDR2 RAM
Core i7 920 @2.67ghz (8 CPUs)

I can post screenshots or DxDiag output if it'll help. Hoping I'm just overlooking something.

Thank you for your time!

Rahve
which version of directx11 do you actually have ?
tried installing this : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...px?id=8109
(01-30-2013, 03:10 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]which version of directx11 do you actually have ?
tried installing this : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...px?id=8109

DxDiag just says "DirectX Version: DirectX 11". Downloading the link you suggested to try.
My method for first time configuration is to install the full installer to get ALL of the requirements (DirectX, Runtime, etc). Then I uninstall via control panel and download the binary or SVN. Worked every time for me.
(01-30-2013, 04:12 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: [ -> ]My method for first time configuration is to install the full installer to get ALL of the requirements (DirectX, Runtime, etc). Then I uninstall via control panel and download the binary or SVN. Worked every time for me.

I switched my video card to a Radeon HD 4800, ran the DX redistributable that jesalvein suggested and also did the uninstall/install SVN that DaTank suggested, and it's working perfectly now!

Thanks for your help gentlemen!