..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Tales of the Abyss graphic issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems on 5541 and earlier (I was using 5435 before) the bloom on the windows is all ***** up on the main menu. (don't know if it's just that) It is fixed by enabling HW Hacks and selecting "Half Pixel Offset"

However now I have some sort of halo around the edges of the screen I don't know how to get rid of.

edit: could this be because I'm using the widescreen patch?
Postprocessing effects like that often get missplaced with upscalling and one of the ways of fixing it is using that hack you used, but like you can see, this hack have stupid issues with some games.
This game is pretty strange case in a way that this glitch often called "ghosting" very rarely and somewhat randomly happens in the game itself and if it happens you can just press F9 twice as a workaround to fix it and continue like it never happened(not sure if that works on those windows at the start, but if it happens on characters, this should fix them). Or just use native res on which it'll be always correct.
AFAIK there was also custom gsdx version made by KrossX specially for this game somewhere in GSdx thread, if you feel adventurous and dare to search for it.
Yeah thanks for that, I just noticed the ghosting and it was making me sad/mad. I'm running this at 3x scaling with 2xMSAA and it runs at 60fps in all cases except the world map. In the world map it runs 60fps but the actual usability of it just plummets.