..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Black bars disappearing during cutscenes in .hack//G.U. Rebirth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off, I've never used any version of pcsx2 other than the most recent one released, so I have almost no idea what I'm doing. Now, onto the problem: when a cutscene plays in .hack//G.U. Rebirth, the black bars on the top and bottom of the screen will occasionally disappear when the camera changes between things. It's not a huge concern, honestly, but I was just wondering if there was a way to fix it. I also get some lag on occasion, but I figured that's just because there's a lot of stuff going on when it's playing.

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.00GHz
GPU: Twin Frozr II Radeon HD 5850 1GB
RAM: 4GB DDR3

I'm using Direct3D11 (Hardware). I have "Texture Filtering" half-ticked and "Allow 8-bit textures" full-ticked, though I don't know what those are doing, to be honest. The only HW Hack I have enabled is 4x AA.

Oh, I'm also experiencing some other issues. When on the desktop within the game, going into the News section makes the FPS drop like a stone. Shadows look really weird when they show up, but sometimes don't show up at all. And lines appear on the mini-map, full-sized map and at the beginning of FMVs, but the latter ones typically vanish after a few seconds.
the cutscenes are like that. unbless you wish to provide some pictures to show this.. I am going to assume it's just what it should be.

also the black lines come from the resolution, playing on native/software mode will solve this problem.

as far as news, are you referring to the newspaper?
(02-07-2013, 06:11 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]the cutscenes are like that. unbless you wish to provide some pictures to show this.. I am going to assume it's just what it should be.

also the black lines come from the resolution, playing on native/software mode will solve this problem.

as far as news, are you referring to the newspaper?

The black lines on the mini-map and full-sized map appear even when I'm on the native resolution, and the game plays far too slowly when I run it on software mode.

I don't think it's a newspaper. The game has a desktop because the actual game takes place within a game. You can log out of that game to check your e-mails, look at forums posts within the game and see in-game news that may be totally random or related to the game itself.
the news is in an "online newspaper"...
(02-08-2013, 12:43 AM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]the news is in an "online newspaper"...

Okay? I don't see why the discussion of it being an online newspaper is helping me with the sharp drop in FPS I experience when I look at it. It seems to occur throughout the in-game desktop, now that I pay attention.
(02-08-2013, 04:15 AM)RBrim08 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay? I don't see why the discussion of it being an online newspaper is helping me with the sharp drop in FPS I experience when I look at it.
"My computer does weird things, how do I fix it?"

Detailed descriptions of problems are ALWAYS important. can you debug a problem just hearing there is one?