..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: problem with xenosaga 1 (usa version)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the ISO version of Xenosaga episode one the game plays perfectly but on the save area's if i try to save the game it crashes to the memory card and disc screen of a normal PS2. Any help and hopefully a solution would be very appreciated.
Savestate before any save attempt so you can continue in case of crash.
It is well known that some savemachines in XS1 are bugged in the beginning, now I don't know which ones, but search on the forums here and you'll might find which ones they are. I had this issue aswell when I first started playing XS1, thought it was a bug of PCSX2, but apparently it's a bug of the game WITH PCSX2 (Can be wrong though).
That's true, this game is one you MUST do a save state before using those save points due to the risk of being thrown into the PS2 BIOS screen losing all the advances.

That's a long time known bug to what a solution was never found, and at this point I believe most have forget it already. Besides that's the only game it happens (to what I know) and the cause is a lot obscure and may not be worthy to be put under high priority just yet.
I thought this only happened when your where using a modified version of xenosaga ? One that was split in several dvd...
Nope also happens with the Single Disc version Smile