..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: dx11 problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys newbie here Laugh and having some trouble i could use some help :'( . i am using pcsx2-1.0.0-r5350-binaries and i a trying to play dbz infinite worlds and by using dx11 i get decent speed but after some time speed drops to 30-36 fps i switch graphic plugin to dx9 hardware then to dx11 then it works normally again but only for some time and again fps drops really could use some help here Sad .

my pc spec are

acer v5 571g i5 3rd gen

4gb ram

nvidia 620m 1gb

Thanks in advance Smile
That GPU is pretty weak... try enabling speedhacks and setting VU cycle stealing to 2.
Also you could double check that you are running off the nvidia card and not the hd 3000 (or is it 4000) integrated gpu.
(02-25-2013, 07:52 PM)anubhav91 Wrote: [ -> ](...)
i get decent speed but after some time speed drops
(...)
my pc spec are
(...)
-laptop here-
(...)

Your problem is very simple - overheating. Observe your system temperatures and clocks with a program like CoreTemp.

Basically what happens, when you're playing games clocks should be high and soo temperature rises, then after some time when your speed is killed cause clocks drops to decrease temperature. The time it takes you to change settings is enough to cool down the system to allow another short play, or if you're using your dedicated gpu dx9 is much heavier and you get gpu limited making your cpu to cool down enough to run fast again on dx11, that's all.

Overheating is normal couse laptops aren't made to run on their full power for extended periods of time. If you have any external fan or cooling, you could try to direct it at the case, it can help with heat exchange a bit and allow you to play longer, same with using speedhacks, even if you don't need those, try using some slider speedhacks to decrease cpu usage and make it cooler, forget about using MTvu unless you actually need it, couse it will heat your cpu even more. Also yeah, make sure you're actually using Nvidia not intel hd, the latter is integrated with cpu and when you run anything on intel hd, your cpu temperature rises even more easily causing overheat problems much easier/faster.
(02-26-2013, 12:47 AM)miseru99 Wrote: [ -> ]Your problem is very simple - overheating. Observe your system temperatures and clocks with a program like CoreTemp.

Basically what happens, when you're playing games clocks should be high and soo temperature rises, then after some time when your speed is killed cause clocks drops to decrease temperature. The time it takes you to change settings is enough to cool down the system to allow another short play, or if you're using your dedicated gpu dx9 is much heavier and you get gpu limited making your cpu to cool down enough to run fast again on dx11, that's all.

Overheating is normal couse laptops aren't made to run on their full power for extended periods of time. If you have any external fan or cooling, you could try to direct it at the case, it can help with heat exchange a bit and allow you to play longer, same with using speedhacks, even if you don't need those, try using some slider speedhacks to decrease cpu usage and make it cooler, forget about using MTvu unless you actually need it, couse it will heat your cpu even more. Also yeah, make sure you're actually using Nvidia not intel hd, the latter is integrated with cpu and when you run anything on intel hd, your cpu temperature rises even more easily causing overheat problems much easier/faster.
thanks for the reply problem really was the temp but its ok now big thanks
Laugh

(02-26-2013, 12:07 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: [ -> ]Also you could double check that you are running off the nvidia card and not the hd 3000 (or is it 4000) integrated gpu.

thanks for the reply Smile

(02-25-2013, 10:29 PM)metalmallow Wrote: [ -> ]That GPU is pretty weak... try enabling speedhacks and setting VU cycle stealing to 2.

thanks for the reply Smile