..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Need Help]Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix Plugins for Dummies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello first of all I want to say thank you for whoever is willing to help me past this troubling matter.

This will be my first using PCSX2 on a -mediumend computer. With the specs as follow:
Intel i5 3.2ghz
Asus HD7850
8GB DDR3 Ram

I have never configured PCSX2 since 2009 when my PS2 broken down and I was desperate to start playing KH2 again on a stone aged laptop. It was really depressing after all those years that I wasn't able to play KH2 because I wasn't allowed to buy a new PS2 Console(I was around 13).

I really need a step by step advice on how to configure confusing parts such as clamps(?) etc.. and a full set of compatible plugins with my spec.

I can't say much more than be as grateful as I can to those who are willing to help me. Any advice/tips is accepted and hopefully I can be a better at these things and start helping people.

Regards,
IcY~

p.s I know it's an old game, but before I managed to finish the game my PS2 broken down and I was stuck at a part and after all these years I try as hard as I could to avoid reading the story from the net and now I'm desperate to start all over again.
actually, with those pc specs, default settings should be ok for this game.
think about tivking recommended speedhacks (especially mtvu hack), but I think you won't need more.
You should be able to push internal res to 3x native without slowdowns, too...
(02-28-2013, 09:24 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]actually, with those pc specs, default settings should be ok for this game.
think about tivking recommended speedhacks (especially mtvu hack), but I think you won't need more.
Agree. This game is very easy for Emulation.
(02-28-2013, 09:24 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]actually, with those pc specs, default settings should be ok for this game.

Will be getting my new 19inch monitor soon and the KH Cd will be a little late(can't find one locally). Thanks for the info, really boosts my morale that I can finally finish this game with ease. Smile

Will let you know if I have any problems.
Wow, I managed to borrow KH1 from a friend and started playing in 3x native everything works great, until I saw a thread on how someone is saying that you would need a 1000$ cpu 1000$ gpu and a 600$ ram to play in 6x native. surprisingly I tried to play in 6x native I see no fps loss, it feels the same like when I'm playing in 3x, just more HD!
(03-03-2013, 02:55 PM)IcY~ Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, I managed to borrow KH1 from a friend and started playing in 3x native everything works great, until I saw a thread on how someone is saying that you would need a 1000$ cpu 1000$ gpu and a 600$ ram to play in 6x native. surprisingly I tried to play in 6x native I see no fps loss, it feels the same like when I'm playing in 3x, just more HD!

Kingdom hearts is not in the least bit demanding so pushing high resolutions is easily done.
You never need a $1000 CPU Wink
(Right now a perfect chip would be a 3570K @ 4Ghz for $229.)