..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: 2D Games and PCSX2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a specific way I can make 2D sprites less blurry? I'm playing games like Guilty Gear XX AC+, Disgaea, Disgaea 2, etc... I heard about something that said that software mode is better for 2D games and so on.
(03-02-2013, 08:44 AM)PyroBunta Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a specific way I can make 2D sprites less blurry? I'm playing games like Guilty Gear XX AC+, Disgaea, Disgaea 2, etc... I heard about something that said that software mode is better for 2D games and so on.

One thing you can try is enabling hardware hacks and changing skipdraw to 1. Also, mess with Texture filtering.
Use Sweetfx and enable the luma sharpen shader. It won't magically make the very low 2D texture of PS2 games looks HD but it helps.
(03-02-2013, 10:01 AM)naoan Wrote: [ -> ]Use Sweetfx and enable the luma sharpen shader. It won't magically make the very low 2D texture of PS2 games looks HD but it helps.

I didn't know you could use SweetFx with PCSX2
Turning off texture filtering made the image a lot sharper, but a bit too sharp, and 3D terrain looks horrible >__>

Edit - Are there any custom shaders like ones used for GBA/SNES/DS emulation? You know, like 2x Nearest, 2x Sai, etc...
Texture filtering use bilinear, other than that you could look at the custom shader or make one yourself. I personally like guest shader AA from epsxe paired with sweetfx luma sharpen (which could and should be combined to one custom shader fx really, I just don't know how).
Weird issue here. Screen in Disgaea 1 & 2 becomes sharper when moving, but blurred when I stop moving.

Not Moving:
[attachment=42925]

When Moving:
[attachment=42926]

EDIT - I found a fix [attachment=42927]