..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFX fps drops during battle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to play FFX on PCSX2 1.0 and my fps and sound keep dragging during battles, down as low as 30 or 40 fps. I have tried adjusting all of the speed hack sliders and can't get a constant 60.

I have also tried a couple combinations of the constant frame skip, and I can get 60 fps steadily but the graphics go to hell, flickering or disappearing altogether.

Any help getting this game to run as close to normal as possible during the battles would be greatly appreciated. I don't care as much about the movie or cut scene quality.

Windows 7 on a Lenovo, intel core i5
M 480 @ 2.67 GHz
4.00 GB (3.8 available) of RAM
64-bit operating system

Thanks!
Would help if you told us which videocard you have in your notebook.
(03-08-2013, 05:31 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: [ -> ]Would help if you told us which videocard you have in your notebook.

Sorry!

Video Card: Intel ® HD Graphics
DirectX 11.0
Sound Card: Conexant CX20671 SmartAudio HD
make sure gsdx is set to "Native" resolution. You have a very weak graphics card, so you want to keep the load as low as possible.
(03-08-2013, 05:50 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]make sure gsdx is set to "Native" resolution. You have a very weak graphics card, so you want to keep the load as low as possible.

GsDx 9 resolution is set to native. Should changing the renderer or perhaps from sse2 to sse4 help at all?
That probably wont help. But if you can choose directx11 that might help.
DirectX 10 was broken on Intel HD the last time I used it. Don't know whether or not it gets fixed by driver as of this writing.