..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 and Xbox 360 wireless controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello everyone,

So I have Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit with pcsx2 installed from gregory's ppa. It is version 1.1.0.0 and seems to work ok but I'm having some issues mainly with a controller. I'm using a wireless 360 controller and disabled xpad and am using xboxdrv as I find it to be better since I know the controller's synced. Anyway this is my command for xboxdrv: xboxdrv --silent --force-feedback --mimic-xpad. Now this works great except that I can't map my left and right triggers to L2 and R2. Since Ubuntu treats triggers as analog, their default position is in a negative extreme, I believe it's -300000 something. Because of this, when playing a game like metal gear solid 2, the game things I'm holding L2 or R2 after pressing them once, when I'm not. Is there any way to fix this with the one pad plugin that's supplied with the ppa? Also while playing MGS2, I'm used to pressing R1, then square to shoot in first person; however, for some strange reason I cannot aim in first person. Is this a bug? The buttons are mapped correctly to the 360 controller as I can use those commands individually. Lastly, I'm using the Gsdx plugin since I've heard it is the best for now, and am using OpenGl in software mode which I enjoy as it seems to be the most accurate. Downside is in MGS2, in the beginning when you're on the ship while its raining the FPS drops to 30 - 40 where as inside the ship it goes up to 60. I'll list my system specs if it'll help. Thank you.

PCSX2 1.1.0.r0 - compiled on Feb 9 2013
Savestate version: 0x9a0a0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Linux 3.5.0-27-generic x86_64
Physical RAM = 7935 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 09)
CPU speed = 3.407 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 7f9ae3bf
x86EFlags = 28100000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX

Installing POSIX SIGSEGV handler...
Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS: /usr/lib/games/pcsx2/libGSdx-0.1.16.so
Binding PAD: /usr/lib/games/pcsx2/libonepad-1.1.0.so
Binding SPU2: /usr/lib/games/pcsx2/libspu2x-2.0.0.so
Binding CDVD: /usr/lib/games/pcsx2/libCDVDnull.so
Binding USB: /usr/lib/games/pcsx2/libUSBnull-0.7.0.so
Binding FW: /usr/lib/games/pcsx2/libFWnull-0.7.0.so
Binding DEV9: /usr/lib/games/pcsx2/libdev9null-0.5.0.so
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9643 games on record (loaded in 147ms)

Note: Video card is Nvidia GTX 670 (Evga FTW+)
regular xpad driver works fine. onepad is the one that gets misconfigured. try entering onepad and adjusting the offending button. it may take a couple tries but it should eventually work as its stubborn. if all else fails purchase a 5 dollar usb adaptor from ebay for your ps2 controller. it is very worth it. and regarding speed, it is still a work in progress trying to get hw mode to work for gpu acceleration.

to add about l2 r2 problem, check to see if one says half and the other says full. its a common issue with this plugin.
(04-12-2013, 05:41 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: [ -> ]regular xpad driver works fine. onepad is the one that gets misconfigured. try entering onepad and adjusting the offending button. it may take a couple tries but it should eventually work as its stubborn. if all else fails purchase a 5 dollar usb adaptor from ebay for your ps2 controller. it is very worth it. and regarding speed, it is still a work in progress trying to get hw mode to work for gpu acceleration.

to add about l2 r2 problem, check to see if one says half and the other says full. its a common issue with this plugin.

Hey thanks you helped me fix my l2 and r2 issue! Now I attempted to rebind R1 and square and they both work individually but together, nothing. Now while holding R1 and pressing X or circle yeah these work great but not square. Hmm.......how am I going to play MGS2 without getting all those dog tags? :-) About the gpu acceleration I can understand it'll take time. I have a lot of patience, don't mind waiting. I have to hand it to these developers, they're doing a great job. I don't know if the ultimate goal of these developers is to emulate the ps2 accurately using low level emulation but if it is props to them. If not, they still deserve credit for at least getting a ps2 emulator out there. I'm a big fan of byuu's bsnes (higan), and it would be nice if all emulators could simluate the hardware exactly. Now I know for the ps2 it'll take a while, mainly because cpu power is just not there yet, but I remain hopeful. Anyway sorry about going off on a tangent, thanks for the shoulder button help, it really helped me out. One of my main issues.

Btw, I don't know if anyone from this forum can help but I also have pcsxr, I do know the original authors of this emulator made the original pcsx, but basically the same l2 and r2 problems, I'm also having there. :-( If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it, if not it's ok. This is not the forum for it anyway. Thanks again!
Quote:emulate the ps2 accurately using low level emulation
What do you mean by low lever emulation. If you mean a cycle accurate simulation, you will never see that on a desktop PC (at least not with current technology in the next 20 years frames)

The real issue is the lack of standard in pad. Some are axes are -32768 -> 32768, others are 0 -> 32678; 0-> -32768, and there is the reverse way .... Maybe I could improve the situation by sampling several values (instead of 1 currently)
Quote:Btw, I don't know if anyone from this forum can help but I also have pcsxr, I do know the original authors of this emulator made the original pcsx, but basically the same l2 and r2 problems, I'm also having there. :-( If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it, if not it's ok. This is not the forum for it anyway. Thanks again!

It's pretty much the exact same thing with their plugin! You have to do trial and error to get it to work right. If all else fails use pSX emulator and run Windows version in Wine. That's what I use. No frills, no graphic or controller problems. You even get a cheat program added in the package. The downside...no emulated BIOS.
If it works like the wired controller, you might wanna give Pokopom a try. I check for the string name, so it might not work if there's a "Wireless" in the middle. =S
(04-12-2013, 03:20 PM)KrossX Wrote: [ -> ]If it works like the wired controller, you might wanna give Pokopom a try. I check for the string name, so it might not work if there's a "Wireless" in the middle. =S

Hey thanks! I appreciate it. I also got rumble to work. Sad thing is I can't configure anything, not only that my left stick axis is messed up. Mainly the up down. If I want to go up, Snake goes down, vice versa. Otherwise it's working great. Any suggestions? Lastly, it didn't work in pcsxr. I placed the .so file where all the other .so files are. Hmm maybe it's not compatible?

On the topic of accurate ps2 low level emulation I can understand it won't happen for quite a while. It took roughly 20 years for that type of emulation for snes and that's considered a lot less complex. Well as long as the possibility exists,then that's what matters. I appreciate the insight.

As for the whole wine psx emulator, I'm trying to go for open source programs if I can if an open source program doesn't exist, then I use proprietary. Also I'm trying not to use wine unless I really have to. Right now the simulate bios is helpful since I'm anticipating buying a psone (the small one) since it's power supply is external meaning I can use any power supply as long as the output voltage is the same, amps are same or greater, polarity is same, type of power is the same (DC or AC), and the connector's dimensions are the same (outside pin diameter, inside pin diameter). Mainly because of not having a playstation there is no way I can legally obtain a playstation bios until then. :-( That and I like to make sure all my files are clean when it comes to any sort of physical to digital transition. Redump.org is helpful for verifying disc based media (nointro for cartridge based). However I still do not know how to extract the psone bios when I get it. Well when that time comes I'll be sure to post a thread here and there. PS2 was rather simple since all it took was an elf file and ulauncher, thanks to FMCB I put both of those files on my memory card. I can launch it whenever I want! :-)

Well sorry about the long message, but thanks for all the help!
(04-12-2013, 03:20 PM)KrossX Wrote: [ -> ]If it works like the wired controller, you might wanna give Pokopom a try. I check for the string name, so it might not work if there's a "Wireless" in the middle. =S

This is mainly in reply to KrossX, whenever you get the chance let me know what you think of this. From what I can tell, you seem to be the creator of Pokopom, so I would like to say I appreciate the work you put into this. :-) Now then, check out this link I found from the pcsxr page:

http://pcsxr.codeplex.com/discussions/415210

The Ubuntu file that you provided for pokopom is 32 bit but it is still a .so file, so I was able to put that in /usr/lib/games/psemu. Unfortunately in that directory there is a bunch of executables that begin with cfg. The file you provided only contains a .so file so that could explain why pcsxr didn't even recognize your plugin. It could also have to do with the fact that I'm running a 64 bit OS. That would explain why I can't open the configuration box for pcsx2. Hmm.....let me know.
Figured out the issue with Pokopom and pcsxr. Check this out:

http://pcsxr.codeplex.com/discussions/265603

Apparently I have the 64 bit version of pcsxr installed, where as the plugin is 32 bit. According to that post, 32 bit plugins cannot cooperate with 64 bit programs. Bummer. So I'll think about what to do. May install the 32 bit version of pcsxr, see if that helps. Btw, KrossX if you plan on releasing an ubuntu compatible 64 bit pokopom.so let me know!

Still got to figure out what to do about that damn cfg executable. Hmm maybe I'll attach a screenshot so you guys can check out what I'm talking about.
Yes indeed, you need 64bit builds for 64bit emulators and 32bit builds for 32bit emulators. There's an older version that has 64bit builds but I really don't recommend it. Anyhow! My Linux'ing is completely experimental and could only make 32bit builds cuz I don't have the 64bit OS no more.

As for the config problem, there's no problem... cuz there is no config. Tongue2 The only dialog window I have is for Windows, and although I had made some work on a GTK window I never finished it. However, there IS a way to configure the plugin with an INI file that gets created (in the INI folder for PCSX2, or in-place for other emus). Note that this plugin ain't LilyPad, so there is little to no customization available. To invert the Y axis on the left stick for your problem, set AxisInverted to 256 on the INI file.
Pages: 1 2 3