..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Is it possible for pcsx2 to run in:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
3D?

Got me a 3D tv and would love to see Kingdom Hearts 2 Pop out at me.

Is there certain settings i can use?

I'm using the build: 0.9.9.5199 currently
It takes more than a few setting tweaks to have 3D...

Why do you think only certain games have stereoscopic 3D support? If it were as simple as an overlay or something, all games would have 3D functionality.
(04-12-2013, 06:37 PM)Dante3hs Wrote: [ -> ]It takes more than a few setting tweaks to have 3D...

Why do you think only certain games have stereoscopic 3D support? If it were as simple as an overlay or something, all games would have 3D functionality.

Lol no way.

You didn't answer my question at all. Whatsoever. But that's cool.

I'm still waiting for one.
Ill make the answer blunt then...

No.
(04-12-2013, 06:48 PM)Dante3hs Wrote: [ -> ]Ill make the answer blunt then...

No.

Thank you buddy! That's literally all you had to say. I never asked for an explanation as to how games work. lol

Edit: Apologies if i was acting too hostile.
All good. Just figured my initial response made it obvious enough lol.
(04-12-2013, 07:21 PM)Dante3hs Wrote: [ -> ]All good. Just figured my initial response made it obvious enough lol.

I was being too sarcastic, Again apologies and didn't mean to be like a smartass. Lol.

Anyways, Can you explain how come it wont? Or rather a link to a full explanation. My curiosity is killing me
Its a similar situation to ps3 games and blu ray movies. They have to be coded with the 3D functionality for it to work. Avatar for example had its original bku ray release, and the a 3D release later. Obviously only the 3D release will support 3D. God of war ascension was originally intended to have 3D support, but when the devs decided to drop its inclusion, no 3D.

Basically it come down to it having to actually be coded in so the various sections (I dont know the true terminology) can give off the 3D effect. Since all the emulator wouldnt know what sections to do what with, if it did try to attempt it, you would get a pretty crappy experience. Since blu ray is the only option for 3D, you obviously wont find any ps2 games with 3D coding. I would hazard a guess that it may be possible to create a 3D patch for specific games (though if this were possible, would be alot of work for a gimmick feature that wouldnt be used enough for the effort IMO) but that is extremely unlikely.

I cant explain much better than that, I only know the basics, but I can say without a doubt that 3D isnt possible with ps2 emulation.
(04-12-2013, 08:23 PM)Dante3hs Wrote: [ -> ]Its a similar situation to ps3 games and blu ray movies. They have to be coded with the 3D functionality for it to work. Avatar for example had its original bku ray release, and the a 3D release later. Obviously only the 3D release will support 3D. God of war ascension was originally intended to have 3D support, but when the devs decided to drop its inclusion, no 3D.

Basically it come down to it having to actually be coded in so the various sections (I dont know the true terminology) can give off the 3D effect. Since all the emulator wouldnt know what sections to do what with, if it did try to attempt it, you would get a pretty crappy experience. Since blu ray is the only option for 3D, you obviously wont find any ps2 games with 3D coding. I would hazard a guess that it may be possible to create a 3D patch for specific games (though if this were possible, would be alot of work for a gimmick feature that wouldnt be used enough for the effort IMO) but that is extremely unlikely.

I cant explain much better than that, I only know the basics, but I can say without a doubt that 3D isnt possible with ps2 emulation.

Darn. Thank you for the help.

IF i knew programming i'd definitely make a 3D patch.

I bought Persona 4 recently, and I woulda loved to see the Persona actually pointing out the screen at me.

A person can only dream..
short? is possible. it was there before. the red cyan technique. it's ugly tho. google yourself some images. and even shutter glass techniques could possibly be used. i have no idea tho how to set that up, so... i won't speculate if it'd really work.
Pages: 1 2