..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ~50-80 FPS during Menus, Much lower during Gameplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi PCSX2 users, I simply don't get it anymore. I've tried running PCSX2 to no avail. As the title suggests, during menus, developer movie intros, and credits, I am running 50-80 FPS, but during cut-scenes and gameplay I am lucky to get 25. I've enabled speedhacks, disabled speedhacks, ran different plugins, and even went and got a new Video Card because I am so dedicated to getting this to work! I'm having troubles running my copy of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (running from Disc Drive: Piracy Is Bad, Kids (Post-Note: I've dumped my own bios from console)) to run smoothly. I've done the official config guide, also to no avail.

My setup is:

AMD Sempron 140 (2.7 GHZ)
GeForce GT 210 1GB Video Card
6 GB of Ram
Windows 7 Home Premium

If anyone at ALL can give me any help, it will be greatly appreciated.
(04-25-2013, 12:03 AM)avsgoomba13 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi PCSX2 users, I simply don't get it anymore. I've tried running PCSX2 to no avail. As the title suggests, during menus, developer movie intros, and credits, I am running 50-80 FPS, but during cut-scenes and gameplay I am lucky to get 25. I've enabled speedhacks, disabled speedhacks, ran different plugins, and even went and got a new Video Card because I am so dedicated to getting this to work! I'm having troubles running my copy of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (running from Disc Drive: Piracy Is Bad, Kids (Post-Note: I've dumped my own bios from console)) to run smoothly. I've done the official config guide, also to no avail.

My setup is:

6 GB of Ram
Windows 7 Home Premium

The machine is too weak, I'm afraid not much can be done to increase performance in this case. Even because the games being tried aren't among the easiest on the emulation.

Anyway, you making an ISO from your original game is not only acceptable as strongly recommended.

The speed being 50 FPS at menus is already bad news, that's because the emulation will be hard exactly when the actual game starts, as you noticed.

Speedhacks like EE cyclerate and VU cycle stealing can be attempted, is not granted they will help much but...

Finally there is the option to change the default NTSC and PAL defaults at ini level, some users of this forum are experimenting on this. try searching posts from the User Billyash and see if something on those experiences can help getting some more speed in there.
(04-25-2013, 12:03 AM)avsgoomba13 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi PCSX2 users, I simply don't get it anymore. I've tried running PCSX2 to no avail. As the title suggests, during menus, developer movie intros, and credits, I am running 50-80 FPS, but during cut-scenes and gameplay I am lucky to get 25. I've enabled speedhacks, disabled speedhacks, ran different plugins, and even went and got a new Video Card because I am so dedicated to getting this to work! I'm having troubles running my copy of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (running from Disc Drive: Piracy Is Bad, Kids (Post-Note: I've dumped my own bios from console)) to run smoothly. I've done the official config guide, also to no avail.

My setup is:

6 GB of Ram
Windows 7 Home Premium

The best thing to do would be to change both CPU and VGA (that Geforce 210 is the new one? Because it's quite old and the less powerful of the 200 series). If you can't afford that and what nosisab Ken Keleh said it's not enough you may try overclocking your CPU and/or reactivating the second core (that is generally present in Sempron like your but is disabled, and sometimes work well some others is defective), anyway if you want to try you must read carefully some tutorials before attempting.