..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: If SVN's do not work and your system language is not English.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I had this problem for a long time which was that SVN's never worked for me, the process shut down before a log file was generated. Even though standard version works well.

long story short I found that the problem was in the system language which is the default choise for PCSX. So to solve this, in the Langs folder just change the language folder name -in my case it was ar- to anything else so pcsx2 will not recognize it and it will give you a choice to choose another language that works.

I don't know if any other language have this problem but I hope this might help them too. I don't know if this is considered a bug, so i put it in this forum instead of the bug submission one.
I never get this problem with any svn build!!
Then I guess it is language specific.
When the emulator crashes make sure that you post the contents of emulog.txt which is in the pcsx2 folder under Logs here, they can see what's wrong with it Smile
(04-27-2013, 03:29 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: [ -> ]When the emulator crashes make sure that you post the contents of emulog.txt which is in the pcsx2 folder under Logs here, they can see what's wrong with it Smile

Thanks, but I guess you missed this bit of my post:

Quote:the process shut down before a log file was generated. Even though standard version works well.
To be on the safe side, what are your computer specs? Including which OS Smile
The problem is already solved but ok.

I7 950

8 GB DDR3 ram

GeForce GTX 580

Win 7 Ultimate with Arabic language system. << the problem.
(04-27-2013, 04:08 PM)K.F Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is already solved but ok.

*snip*

Win 7 Ultimate with Arabic language system. << the problem.

Do you mind telling us how you fixed it? It could be useful to someone if they have the same problem you did to know what caused it.
(04-27-2013, 05:02 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mind telling us how you fixed it? It could be useful to someone if they have the same problem you did to know what caused it.

I did in the original post. That is why I registered in the first place, and this is what this thread is about.

Unless there something that is not clear in the first post, then please tell me what it is.

Man, I must suck at explaining.
(04-27-2013, 05:06 PM)K.F Wrote: [ -> ]I did in the original post. That is why I registered in the first place, and this is what this thread is about.

Unless there something that is not clear in the first post, then please tell me what it is.

Man, I must suck at explaining.

ah sorry! I should learn to read the thread properly before i post >.< I'm used to people asking for help and then just saying "problem fixed" without saying what they did.

My apologies ;p
Pages: 1 2