..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Patch interlance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just bought
Do DonPachi Daioujou (NTSC-J)
It written on top console
Do DonPachi Daioujou (NTSC-J) [SLPS-25233] [Status=Unknown]
This game weird, it has native res 384x448 wich smaller than other games res. And good things aret it's perfectly playable, it's interlanced and not shaking.
My question: is it possible to patch other interlaced games wich shaking to "do donpachi" native res (384x448) or patch it to emu?
Bump up :|
(05-02-2013, 03:40 PM)billyash Wrote: [ -> ]I just bought
Do DonPachi Daioujou (NTSC-J)
It written on top console
Do DonPachi Daioujou (NTSC-J) [SLPS-25233] [Status=Unknown]
This game weird, it has native res 384x448 wich smaller than other games res. And good things aret it's perfectly playable, it's interlanced and not shaking.
My question: is it possible to patch other interlaced games wich shaking to "do donpachi" native res (384x448) or patch it to emu?

well GSDX would scale them to PAL/NTSC native if there smaller i suppose how did you know that it was really 384x448
(sigh'... yet another brilliant idea;p)
No, you can't change other games to be like game X nor game Y.

Most you can do is to turn progressive mode in those games that do support it ~ there was a list somewhere you can google. Usually it has it's own option in game menu or is activated by pressing X+triangle during game boot, it'll disable interlacing completely hence the Y res will be cut in half.

For those games that does not support it you can only use de-interlacing method of your choice by pressing F5 to toggle them(or selecting them in GSdx directly, since stupidly hotkeys doesn't save the options;] ~ proposed a patch for that ages ago with not a single answer;p), if any of your games is still shaking with de-interlacing, then simply try changing the method of it as well, we have an auto option from some time, but it doesn't guarantee to work in all games, and in some games other modes give better quality to begin with.

Edit ~
@The Old Refuge there's nothing like native res being set to any standard, many games use different res. Sometimes even different one is used for movies and gameplay or menus in same game, GSdx does detect it, but seems to update detected res only on init to give a general info about res used in-game. There was even a stupid hack for FFX-2 movies which worked based on res change detection AFAIK deleted for being dangerous and those movies being broken in other ways as well.;p
(05-03-2013, 10:43 AM)The Old Refuge Wrote: [ -> ]well GSDX would scale them to PAL/NTSC native if there smaller i suppose how did you know that it was really 384x448

on top of GUI Console
(05-03-2013, 11:19 AM)miseru99 Wrote: [ -> ](sigh'... yet another brilliant idea;p)
No, you can't change other games to be like game X nor game Y.

Most you can do is to turn progressive mode in those games that do support it ~ there was a list somewhere you can google. Usually it has it's own option in game menu or is activated by pressing X+triangle during game boot, it'll disable interlacing completely hence the Y res will be cut in half.

For those games that does not support it you can only use de-interlacing method of your choice by pressing F5 to toggle them(or selecting them in GSdx directly, since stupidly hotkeys doesn't save the options;] ~ proposed a patch for that ages ago with not a single answer;p), if any of your games is still shaking with de-interlacing, then simply try changing the method of it as well, we have an auto option from some time, but it doesn't guarantee to work in all games, and in some games other modes give better quality to begin with.

Edit ~
@The Old Refuge there's nothing like native res being set to any standard, many games use different res. Sometimes even different one is used for movies and gameplay or menus in same game, GSdx does detect it, but seems to update detected res only on init to give a general info about res used in-game. There was even a stupid hack for FFX-2 movies which worked based on res change detection AFAIK deleted for being dangerous and those movies being broken in other ways as well.;p
i do really know by pressing X+triangle
some games can change to progressive (if i recall some game release after 2003 support it) and i know F5 may reduce shaking or changing from gsdx.
I just wondering if this possible or not since CRC hack was very succesful Smile
(05-03-2013, 11:19 AM)miseru99 Wrote: [ -> ]@The Old Refuge there's nothing like native res being set to any standard, many games use different res. Sometimes even different one is used for movies and gameplay or menus in same game, GSdx does detect it, but seems to update detected res only on init to give a general info about res used in-game. There was even a stupid hack for FFX-2 movies which worked based on res change detection AFAIK deleted for being dangerous and those movies being broken in other ways as well.;p

so GSDX doesn't force render anything in "Native" hmm interesting Smile
The patch is "only applied on interlanced games". May be dev could find something different since it native res is rare. I just wondering Smile
(05-03-2013, 01:52 PM)billyash Wrote: [ -> ]The patch is "only applied on interlanced games". May be dev could find something different since it native res is rare. I just wondering Smile

There is a thread around here about this, like an attempt to find addresses and patching the game to do something like progressive scan, not much different the widescreen patches that is still very active.

The problem is such things aren't done at the emulator's side, billy, but from the exterior in a case basis.

There was even those who proposed porting PS2 games to be kind of PC like, so you aren't alone in the row of most fantastical and mirabolante ideas Smile

PS: The main idea behind emulation is playing the game "like they are" in the original hardware, every time that changing the way they work is accepted and introduced it becomes less an emulation and more a hack.

PPS: But I agree from the heart that some changes in the way they work makes playing them a lot better, also Smile
I'm sorry again I got another idea.
How about use SFR(Split Frame Rendering) wich mean each frame (odd or even) rendered at same time. Again i just wondering Smile ( i know it sound silly cos i know nothing about programming)
Pages: 1 2 3