..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: What does this mean?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What does it mean that I get more FPS in software mode than hardware? I never seen this before. Does this indicate that there is a problem on my end? IF any one is curious. The game is Xenosaga III

Even with all the speed hacks on don't do anything for the game. They do not increase my FPS at all. I am curious if they even work. I guess its a very demanding game.

I5 3570 4.5ghz
2GB 6950
IF you get more FPS in software than hardware, that means your GPU is very weak for that game, or something is horribly emulated in hardware mode ;p
I can't imagine my GPU being THAT weak.... I'm guessing its the latter then.
considering your GPU, it probably is more the latter ;p
try to update u'r graphic card.maybe problem in Graphic card & can be solved by updating it !!
(05-07-2013, 07:34 AM)Preet Wrote: [ -> ]try to update u'r graphic card.maybe problem in Graphic card & can be solved by updating it !!

Pretty sure the OP has said previously that he has no desire to use an updated driver. As much as you think updating drivers always gives better performance or compatibility, depending on the card (especially older ones that are still compatibile with the newer drivers) you can sometimes lose some performance since the new optimisations are based on the newer cards.

Edit - yea I thought so, was in this thread.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DBZ-Budok...nding-game
Xenosaga trilogy is known to be very demanding on higher resolutions since they eat up vram like crazy. I think it was vram.
Some (few) games make GSdx hammer the DirectX system functions in hardware mode, causing a CPU slowdown.
One of them was the Xenosaga engine, iirc.

Edit: Yeah, it was. And the solution for me was upgrading from a dual core to a quad core CPU. Problem went away from that.
(05-08-2013, 09:41 AM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]Some (few) games make GSdx hammer the DirectX system functions in hardware mode, causing a CPU slowdown.
One of them was the Xenosaga engine, iirc.

Edit: Yeah, it was. And the solution for me was upgrading from a dual core to a quad core CPU. Problem went away from that.

I always thought desktop i5s where single thread quad cores, with laptop i5s being dual cores with 2 threads?
That is correct
Pages: 1 2 3