..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Software Mode and Hardware Mode Doubts !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone,

First time posting here and my doubt is:

I'm playing MGS2 in HARDWARE MODE i set for the lowest/worst/horrible quality and still i only get 20 FPS and in SOFTWARE MODE i get 40 FPS so, it is possible to reduce graphics quality in SOFTWARE MODE ?

Other doubt:

I'm playing God of War 1 too and using HARDWARE MODE i can get easily 50 ~ 60 FPS with native resolution, so why in gods name i can't get the same performance with MGS2 ?

Thanks in advance.
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(05-25-2013, 03:25 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Ops sorry about that !

[*] Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.

Laptop:
CPU - Intel® Core™ i3-380M (2.53GHz, 3MB Cache).
Graphics - Intel® HD Graphics (integrated).
Memory - 4GB.
OS - W8 64Bits.

[*] The version of PCSX2 you are using.

Version - 1.0.

[*] Any non default settings you are using.

EE/IOP and VUs:

Claping Mode - None.

GS:

Framelimiter - Disable.

Speed Hacks:

Enable Speedhacks: Enable.

Emotion Engine (EE) Cyclerate - 3 (Max).

VU Cycle Stealing - 3 (Max).

Other Hacks:

Enable INTC Spin detection - Enable.

Enable Wait Loop detection - Enable.

MicroVU Hacks:

mVU flag hack - Enable.
mVU block hack - Enable.
mVU block hack - Enable.

Plugin:

Gsdx 5085 (MSVC 16.00, SSE2) 0.1.16 [Gsdx32-SSE2].

[*] What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

All ISO.
That's because your gpu is not very good. This would be one of the uncommon cases where you are better off running directly from cpu in SW mode.

Quote:NOTE: Just finished downloading NARUTO ULTIMATE NINJA 2

Please read rule 1 of the forums.
(05-25-2013, 04:32 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: [ -> ]That's because your gpu is not very good. This would be one of the uncommon cases where you are better off running directly from cpu in SW mode.

Please read rule 1 of the forums.

Removed that comment.

But is there a way to reduce graphics/quality/resolution in SW mode for a faster/better play ?
Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.