..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Freshly checked out source, build OK, now how to run?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, first post here.
I previously use the unstable build from gregory repo, but it doesn't seem to have automatic build so I want to build from most fresh source myself.

I've checked out, install all dependencies, build and install PCSX2. Now I have the problem of running. Executing the resulting binary always produces:
Quote:Loader gs file
ARG1 Ini directory
ARG2 .gs file
The .ini directory I can point to my existing inis directory, but what about .gs file? It doesn't exist anywhere, not even in the gregory build (I wonder how he could build a binary that just runs without command line option).
may I suggest to run pcsx2 or the launcher: launch_pcsx2_linux.sh

You are actually using dev tool Wink
Quote:may I suggest to run pcsx2 or the launcher: launch_pcsx2_linux.sh
Isn't it the same? At the end the script will execute pcsx2 executable anyway
well mostly. I never imply that the result will be different. However you didn't launch neither of them. GS are only required by replayer (which are not for standard users)
Quote:well mostly. I never imply that the result will be different. However you didn't launch neither of them. GS are only required by replayer (which are not for standard users)
Then something must be wrong in my build, I pass --release and --glsl to build.sh and that's all. Did I miss something that makes my pcsx2 executable not the expected one?
post the log. But if pcsx2 isn't builded => you miss some dependency
Quote:post the log
here you go: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2212...ll_log.txt
Quote:But if pcsx2 isn't builded => you miss some dependency
It is, well.. just see the log Tongue
/media/Sources/pcsx2/bin/pcsx2 must work
Quote:/media/Sources/pcsx2/bin/pcsx2 must work
It does... Blink
Now how to correctly install if "make install" doesn't take above working pcsx2 executable? Should copying the whole bin directory work?
I seriously doubt that make install won't work on your computer... Otherwise just copy it.
Pages: 1 2