..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: EE, GS, VU, and UI drop to 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm playing ffx and the game was playing perfectly up until after i got Ixion and now the ee, gs, vu, and ui occasionally drop to 0 for a second, resluting in temporary lag and/or freezing. how can i fix this?
Is it random? Or is it when certain effects/spells happen?

Certain effects in FFX can be quite a load on your graphics card (even though the rest of the game is very light on it) and therefore may cause slowdowns (the %'s drop to zero because your CPU has nothing to do waiting for your GPU to finish with it's task first).

If the spells/effects are what's causing it, you can lower the severity by using software mode (f9) or by lowering your internal resolution.
(05-27-2013, 06:48 PM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ]Is it random? Or is it when certain effects/spells happen?

Certain effects in FFX can be quite a load on your graphics card (even though the rest of the game is very light on it) and therefore may cause slowdowns (the %'s drop to zero because your CPU has nothing to do waiting for your GPU to finish with it's task first).

If the spells/effects are what's causing it, you can lower the severity by using software mode (f9) or by lowering your internal resolution.

it's random. i don't have any issues with special effects. actually, the way i fixed spells was by setting skipdraw to 1. software mode is extremely laggy for me.
(05-27-2013, 06:48 PM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ]Is it random? Or is it when certain effects/spells happen?

hmmm. the problem seems to have resolved itself. or maybe it only happens at the moonflow. i just restarted my computer and it seems fine now
Hello. Smile

What is the CPU and GPU in your computer?

Have you consider thermal issues?

Did you happen to try disabling Skipdraw, or anything else, when there was trouble?
(05-27-2013, 10:38 PM)Rezard Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. Smile

What is the CPU and GPU in your computer?

Have you consider thermal issues?

Did you happen to try disabling Skipdraw, or anything else, when there was trouble?

i have an amd a6 3420m. it's not thermal issues. i didn't disable anything, i just restarted and it was fixed. i won't disable skipdraw 'cause my game showed a lot of performance improvement once i enabled it.
what mean EE; GS, VU and UI
thanks
Please don't resurrect old threads to hijack thank you. Make your own in future.

EE = Emotion Engine (core of the emulator)
GS = Graphics Synthesizer (The graphics plugin)
VU = Vector Units (The vertex processing bits)
UI = User Interface (The emulator window/main screen)