..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Speed Issues (Yes, This Again)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am having some trouble with game speed and slow/distorted audio with certain games (ICO and Breath Of Fire: Dragon Quarter, for instance). Before anyone asks, I have looked around and found some guides for speeding things up but with no success. Though I am pretty sure that the problem is that my computer just can't handle certain games, I thought asking and hopefully just being told yes or no might be worth a shot. Below are the specs of my computer. If any additional information is needed, just ask. I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

Model : Acer Aspire 7551

Processor : AMD Phenom™ II N970 Quad-Core Processor (4C 2.2GHz, 1.79GHz IMC, 4x 512kB L2)

Video Adapter : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 (40SP SM4.1 500MHz, 256MB 1.33GHz 32-bit, Integrated Graphics)

Installed Memory (RAM) : 4.00 GB (3.75 GB Available)

Disc Capacity : 452 GB
Ik that breath of fire dragon quarter to just play on native requires a video card better then nvidia 9600gt idk about software mode though since you use amd try f9 and see ...not sure about ICO though
if you have bottleneck graphic card, don't expect too much about speed
Use iso whenever u play the game..,
(05-31-2013, 05:21 AM)Yash the gamer Wrote: [ -> ]Use iso whenever u play the game..,

Iso would just help load times between screens right?

Scootaloo

(05-31-2013, 05:25 AM)Fayt756 Wrote: [ -> ]Iso would just help load times between screens right?

It probably would help with some load times, but in this case I think it is just that the hardware the user has isn't up to the task.
(05-31-2013, 05:25 AM)Fayt756 Wrote: [ -> ]Iso would just help load times between screens right?

yeah
(05-31-2013, 05:30 AM)Scootaloo Wrote: [ -> ]It probably would help with some load times, but in this case I think it is just that the hardware the user has isn't up to the task.

Yeah ik I was just asking cause yash said it like it would help other things as well

Scootaloo

(delete me / accidental double post)
Always use ISO's whenever possible, it's faster and reduces wear on your optical disc drive.
Pages: 1 2