..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: NFS Underground 2 - Full Speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I didn't know where else to post this, so i thought i'd start in the general thread.

I have fidgeted with just about every check mark and hack available, and now have a setup that runs NFS Underground 2 at 60fps consistently.

My Comp specs are:
AMD Vishera FX-4300 (OC) 4.2Ghz
Zotac Nvidia 650ti

Settings are as followed: **Only changed from default settings are listed**

x2 Native video setting (it will run better if you have lower PC specs in Native but the game looks god awful)

Hardware Mode Settings-
(check)Allow 8-bit textures
(check)Enable HW Hacks
--Configure--
skipdraw-2
(EDIT: skipdraw 1 helps a little skipdraw 3 gets rid of most menu's and the mini map.. 2 is the perfect number)

Audio plugin setting-
Interpolation-1 (Linear)
(check)Disable Effect Processing

Speedhacks-
EE Cyclerate-2
VU Cycle Stealing-1

these settings may require a 3-4 core cpu over 4Ghz, and barley runs with my computer, EE at 80-99%, GS at 80-90%, VU at 60-70%.

But with these settings the game is 100% playable.
There are quite a few threads on NFSU2, sadly it's one of those games that just don't run well on Pcsx2 I've never been able to get full speed either.

Rather stick with the pc version Smile
Pc version is far better than ps2
Perhaps that may be right, but not everybody going to buy the same game for a different console or pc.
I have it running at 60fps, but i ran through just about every NFS underground 2 forum and they were all talking about how to boost fps but none of them actually gave every setting or had it running at 60, but when i set it to benchmark testing i get 70-80 fps..

i think i just accidentally hit the sweet spot in the settings.

(before changing everything i was at 25 fps)

and yeah, i have the ps2 game, but not the PC. It wasn't even worth it really to go through all this trouble to get it working, let alone get the PC version.
Pc version=higher resolution than ps2,high texture,more option in disply settings.....etc
ps2 version=lower resolution than pc, lower graphic compaire to pc ,little option in disply setting.......now wat ur thinking abt that..
(06-04-2013, 05:49 AM)Yash the gamer Wrote: [ -> ]Pc version=higher resolution than ps2,high texture,more option in disply settings.....etc
ps2 version=lower resolution than pc, lower graphic compaire to pc ,little option in disply setting.......now wat ur thinking abt that..
you're absolutely right.

but since he owns the game, why would he buy it twice ?
Care to give him the money to buy it ? Laugh
Ok i will buy the game for him....

Scootaloo

(06-04-2013, 05:49 AM)Yash the gamer Wrote: [ -> ]Pc version=higher resolution than ps2,high texture,more option in disply settings.....etc

Ugh... IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THERE IS A PC VERSION AVAILABLE OR NOT.

The point of PCSX2 is to be able to emulate your PS2 games and the forum is to help people out not to tell them "go buy the PC version!!!".
They doesnt need any help althought it will run the game at 60fps...
Pages: 1 2