..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFX- Wait for HD or run it HD on Mac?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm massive fan of ffx and there will be a hd release of it soon. I'm wondering I should wait for this and buy it or with my specs maybe I could run my ps2 copy hd with my iMac (bootcamping pcsx2 of course).

3.1GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x8GB
1TB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512MB GDDR5

Any ideas?
Thanks
Well with those specs you won't have a problem running it full speed with a 1080p internal resolution and in the end it will probably look better than the HD release.

I'm going to get the HD release anyway, but mostly for trophies since I'm addicted to getting them lol.

In the end it's up to you, I'm getting the HD Collection and I saw some screenshots, looks like it's not just HD upscale, they made some other changes as well with aspect ratios and some textures look upgraded, but yeah, like I said, I like my trophies.
The HD release is much better in terms of visual quality than using pcsx2 to emulate it. Even at 6x native.

Not to mention, it comes with ffx-2 as well as the international/pal content (dark aeons, etc) if you own the ntsc version.
Good points, thanks guys.

I guess I'll just wait. Knowing square-enix however would might not see it for a while.

FFX HD. The best FF since FFX
FFX is one of my favor game and my most beloved RPG game. That is a hard call to make, but personally I would still buy the HD remake just to have it even if I chose to play it again on the ps2.
(06-08-2013, 09:43 PM)metalfingersjoe Wrote: [ -> ]FFX HD. The best FF since FFX

This, this so hard.
(06-09-2013, 03:32 AM)NarooN Wrote: [ -> ]This, this so hard.

This is also true. Final Fantasy has been going down over since FFX. FFXIII was a joke with its long narrow hallways.