..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: No music in FF X-2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As far as I know I have everything configged right, i got it to run at the right speed and all but no matter what I can't get music to work at all.

I'm using ZeroSPU2 0.4.4 sound plugin

any advice??
more information please? that's not alot to go on
Disable the patches and you can get the sound playing
Disable in
Misc -> Enable Patches

make sure that it is unchecked
That did it, thanks (I'd think the patches would fix things, not break em)

also as I started playing during battle scenes it seems to drop my FPS to about 35ish, should I do a skip frame?
(02-11-2009, 08:34 PM)bimbim18 Wrote: [ -> ]That did it, thanks (I'd think the patches would fix things, not break em)

also as I started playing during battle scenes it seems to drop my FPS to about 35ish, should I do a skip frame?

35ish is playable, most wouldn't complain. and final fantasy is turn-based, you should be fine
hmm now that I actually played a few mins, its now down to 18-21 :/ oh and ya? have you ever played a game with a lot of cutscenes playing at about %30-%50 speed? lol
smackdown vs raw 2006: 3-7 fps (ingame)
Mortal Kombat: deception : 5-12 ingame
Dot/Hack 20 ingame (this one has alot of cut scenes, 60-65 in menu)
how were you able to play those with such low FPS?
dot/hack is playable, even slow. I never said I stuck them out and played through the others. I don't have specifics on FFX or I'd post that, but these kind of games are playable at 15+ no problem
(02-11-2009, 08:39 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]35ish is playable, most wouldn't complain. and final fantasy is turn-based, you should be fine

...except FFX-2 isn't realy turn-based. It's an active gameplay.
@bimbim : you may be able to improve performances if you give us more details (plugins used ? pc specs ? plugin settings ?pcsx2 version?)